MSMN Alarm Development

Guest Brody

Guest nossac

I like the sound of the alarm and the countdown...though don't have much use for a stopwatch.

Seeing as I am hard to wake up sometimes I used to set my alarm and the countdown timer (5 minutes apart) on my old Nokia 7250.

At the moment I set an extra appointment everyday in my calander to help my get out of bed.

Guest mimsan69

Great idea. That's one of the things I miss the most since I gave up my Nokia.

One idea from the Nokia is to get the Smartphone to be able to ring the alarm though the phone is shut down since it's not especially memoryconsuming. Probably impossible, but you're the coder, not me :P Would be great for example if you're on a location without a charger/output and the battery is running low but you still need to get up in the morning.

Best regards,

Kim of Sweden

Guest drblow

Small point. Since this is going to be an SP2003 app, could you make the snooze button for the e200 one of the actual softkeys? So I don't have to select menu>snooze. Thats my biggest problem in the morning ... hitting dismiss all, then waking up an hour later & having to leap out of bed! :twisted:

could you make the snooze button for the e200 one of the actual softkeys? So I don't have to select menu>snooze. Thats my biggest problem in the morning ... hitting dismiss all, then waking up an hour later & having to leap out of bed!

oh man, I really hate having to select menu>snooze also... I wish they would have kept snooze linked to a soft key straight away.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arman68

I have been testing all of the alarms application I could find on WM2003 and I keep coming back to the built-in alarm, for one simple reason: if the keypad is locked, I need to unlock it first before I can snooze or dismiss the alarm. Having to press Right soft key and number 1, is better than unlocking.

IMHO a required feature of the alarm application is to be able to dismiss or snooze with one keypress. If you cannot implement it, I would suggest that your program manipulates the built in alarm to automatically adjust the time and status (on/off) according to your program schedule.

If you can handle the locked keypad though, here are features which I think are nice to have:

* one click snooze on right soft key (dismiss on left)

* homescreen plugin (that's a must) which can go straight into your application to configure the alarm

* flexible alarm in times of scheduling which days and time it is activated

* configurable snooze time (the default of 5 mins is too short to go back to sleep ;-) I would prefer 10 mins)

* large current time display when the alarm rings, and reminder of when the alarm was due

* increasing sound volume with configurable max level

* configurable "give up" period (eg: after 45 mins dismiss automatically)

* prepare breakfast :-D

How are you getting on anyway?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using my alarm to wake me in the mornings, its close! I'm having to write up what i've done so far to get my Masters but as soon as i've finished the report i'll complete the programming ready for release...

I may post a screenshot to keep you guys interested in the first post of this topic in the near future so keep your eyes open! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Project submitted, just a little work required on the app to finish it off now, i'm away for a half a week now but with any luck i'll have it finished in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe, i've been job hunting! I am just about to try and complete it though, i may well release beta versions to plus members soon too, remember to refer my username if you sign up!

how can i download this software(MSMNAlarm)..

can you help me

Hi, welcome to the forum ^_^

You can't download it yet because it hasn't been released. Try a search for CityTime Alarms; I recommend it :D

• 2 months later...