WARNING TO UK USERS WHICH HAVE 1.07.02 BOOTLOADER!!!

Guest florin_m

Guest Rob666

Easy fix found!

My friends one of these broke so i have found a way of fixing the update error:

Download the Update from:

http://www.orange.ch/offers/orangePhones/s...s=1087686766008

and use your update you have already downloaded (the one that wrecks the phone) Unpack them both into two separate folders.

Once you have done this copy the NK.nbf into the folder of the Update link aboves.

Then run the VoUpgradeUT.EXE from the new folder, this will use the new setup file but the image from the original update. If you do not copy the NK.nbf into the new folder it will have an invalid image error.

Rob

Any questions or a better description email [email protected]

Guest gpspassion

Er...right, but that only works with the proper setup file to allow decoding and so far the Greek one has proved pretty "universal" in this respect!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Killroy

Hi guys,

Searching high and low.. cannot find the fixed.exe anywhere. Links do not seem to be working. Trying my best to install the new imate rom but having a bugger of a time getting around the 1.07.02 bootloader. Current rom swiss 2.6.5.3. Most efforts, using different images get to 10% only.

Anybody have the fixed.exe

Cheers, Killroy

Guest balders

cheers florin, i am a happy SPV owner again.

O were useless at diagnosing the problem, they even sent me a replacement sim! (derrr)

for others, because it was not fully clear to me, download the fixed.zip file (above), follow the instructions and 'exit' out of the update the run fixed.exe, this should start the upgrade program again (and it should work this time)

Guest nelpalad

Mine is still not working. I am stuck on the Bootloader screeen. My bootloader is 1.07.01 by qtek. I can make it work using greek rom, i hanged in 10% when i used the greek rom and when trying florins fixed.exe i got, wrong image.. please help... im doing this for 5 days now and still i cant make it work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffik

Hello All.

I am in USA (T-Mobile). I just got SPV e200 from UK. I have 1/07.02 bootloader. I did the update to new Orange ROM. It seemed to go ok. During upgrade i though i saw a newer nicer screen, but my home screen looks same as before. I am wondering if it just went back to older version. Also, since i don't need any of the Orange settings, i was thinking of upgrading to imate ROM. I tried but it stops with a message like invalid image. I considered running Fixed.exe but i have no support in US for this device and i don't want to permanently f**k it up. Also have been trying to set up all the GPRS, MMS, WAP settings and it's a real bear. And when i follow some of the posts here, mine does not match, And T-Mobile, as stated elsewhere, has never heard of this phone or by any of the other brands by which it is known. It's a great phone and we don't get good ones here. T-Mobile gets excited about releasing a "Hello Kitty" phone. Any thoughts? And thanks to all of those of you who have posted already. It has all been helpful.

Jeff/Chicago

Guest wizyeo
SUCCESS!!!!! I made it wORK!!!!! Thanks guys

im now in orange rom 2.6.5.3

Hi I am running into the same problem but I do not have the ROM for 2.6.5.3. Do you think you can email it to me?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Max Bhai

Hi,

I can sync my E200 via Active sync to my pc but i cant View my contacts on the phone & anything othat is on my phone on the pc.

Will i need any other software.

Can any1 please help?????

Also can i copy my phone book entries on the Memory card???

Thanks in advance fo the help

Max :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thesavant

I have the New Orange Rom on my unlocked E200 I want to switch to the new I-MATE rom since everyone is giving it praises. I tried using the fixed.exe, but it didn't work. I got an "Incompatible Image" error. Am I stuck with only Orange roms? I don't care about GPRS settings. I can't get them to work anyway (I have T-Mobile). What should i do?

• 1 month later...

i have bootloader 1.07.02 problems .. i cant update my rom, not even with fixed.zip .. flash wont start and is stuck on 0%

now have an extra problem cause i cant start my phone anymore. Only gives the canary screen.

any thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this is what happens to me. Getting scared now.

Can someone who has successfully got their E200 to work again please post simple and detailed instructions on how to do it.

Would be much appreciated!!