spvDoom_Legacy[v0.2b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest roozbeh

Hi again....

This is a port of Doom Legacy to smartphones....

PHILOSOPHY OF THE DOOM LEGACY PROJECT

* KEEP THE BEST OF DOOM: Simple and fast. We won't add a thousands options that complicate the game and make the deathmatch slow down.

* NO CHANGE TO THE GAMEPLAY: At least there will be an 'original gameplay' mode.

* USER FRIENDLY AND AIMED AT THE PLAYERS: We do Legacy for the people who PLAY and enjoy DOOM today. We won't make an adventure game out of DOOM, damn!

* NO CHEATS IN MULTIPLAYER.

you can find more information at their site....

for playing this game you must have LEGACY.DAT which you can find it by downloading the whole game

please dont put any .cfg file there which currently they override my settings and couse some malfunctionings....

you can although change your key bindings if you like as i dont have many of them put in game

also i dont remember exactly if i fixed perfectly loading and saving...but i think i did....

sound is not fully implemented you can hear some basic sounds only

no music also

becouse of ram limitations i think only e200 users can enjoy all sounds and music...i am working on their specific version..[too bad i dont have e200 too :lol:(]

and then your feedback are always welcome :)

Enjoy

spvlegacy.rar

Guest roozbeh

also as far as i know you can use doom legacy for playing heretic....

i havent tried it yet...

anybody got link to shareware version of heretic?

Guest wdehaas

I got some problems to run Legacy on my E200. I have the commercial version of doom.wad W_init: Init WADfiles..then it says added file Storage(...)added 2194 lumps...starting graphics...but then it crashes...Did I do anything wrong..I downloaded the DOS version of legacy but I don´t see any difference between the legacy.dat for windows. Anyone else managed to run the game?

files i have in directory on my storagecard: spvdoom_legacy

legacy.dat

Doom.wad

spv_doomlegacy.exe

Guest kopkings

commercial doom/ doom 2 nor shareware heretic work, basically in the 5 wad files ive tested nothing works,

Init WADfiles..then it says added file Storage(...)added 2194 lumps...starting graphics...but then it crashes

got the same thing with a different no of bumps for each wad doom 2 said 2119?, with the exception of the hexen wad didnt even get to that screen

Guest roozbeh

well i am sure hexen is not working in any ways...so dont try that....

but i find that thing here too....

for sure i changed something in last minutes and it made it buggy.....

i'll try to fix it today/tonight

Guest wdehaas

Still no succes to get it working...it seems it take longer to init de wad files...but it crashes on the same point..but screen turns black for a few second and then it exits...

Guest kopkings

Heres what I got working

Nothing.. : :lol:

Heres what didnt work

Doom 2 (full version wad got to the lumps bit)

Heretic (full version) (it said it added something lumps i think and then crashed)

Heretic (sharewere did the same thing as full)

doom (full version wad)gets to a bit saying graphics starting? and then crashes)

at the beginning when it loads up it says something like system mem 0mb free and the next line something about needing 16mb?

well the doom wad I had went for the longest but didnt work. I'll try Hexen u never know it mite work :) EDIT: but that looks like it will definately not work so I wont try that one again.

Guest nookadum

rooz, did you optimize the Doom Legacy source code to NOT try and acollate 16MB of RAM? AFAIK, the original Doom Legacy port (for DOS and Windows) will automatically set 16MB for it's use.

Guest roozbeh

it is strange.....

you are doing someting for sure wrong as it works here!

are you using legacy.dat file also...it must be 1.42

if not try putting it in this directory

Storage Carddebugdoom_legacy

maybe i forgot to correct all links...

and those information about memory is simply wrong ....becouse i didnt correct that!

and also try running it with -nogapi paramtre

Guest kopkings

nope still doesnt work heretic or doom dont work

im using 1.42

this is the right zip file isnt it legacy_142_win32.zip

Guest roozbeh

anybody seen graphic console?or just text console?

i mean a console writing lines in red with doom legacy background image...

Guest kopkings

check my last post about a min before your one.

I only get the gray screen says somin about lumps and graphics started and crashes.

Guest roozbeh

well i tested all version and all of them are working....

doom1/doom2/shareware and full and also tnt

heretic is also working

maybe work only on e100.....

Guest kopkings

um.. weird

how do you do the nogapi option? what do you put in the two boxes??

ive got

Legacy.dat

spvdoom_legacy.exe

doom.wad

ill try doom 2 and see if that does anything, cus im using the ultimate doom wad

Guest dnavarro77

Hey Rooz, Doom_Legacy opens fine on my i600. It is much slower than your original DOOM port (I am running the doom.wad currently on both), but it does work fine. The first version you posted of doom legacy crashed after a few minutes of play. The current version doesn't seem to crash (both are slow though). Also, at the grey screen, I DO see the "0 MB Free", "16 MB Needed" or some such text. Not sure what this means, but the game does run for me. Thx for the good stuff,

D

Guest davy

doom2.wad runs on legacy on mpx200 but lot slower than your original doom port.

look forward to future updates.

appreciate your work.

davy.

Guest kokee

Got it working here :)

only after I put the legacy.dat file in the dir after checking the full post - when I saw it I rushed to get it on the phone and just had the exe and wad. Is there a key to put it in landscape mode like in the other port?

KoKee