Checking the official version number of 8390, try this!

Guest neko

Guest the bishop

Yeah, that was one of my favorites ... another fun one I had was if I was just about to make a call and someone happened to call me at the same moment, the phone would ring .... I would hit answer, and the person on the other end could hear me and I could hear them, but the phone would CONTINUE to play the ring until we hung up and I called them back or they called me.

Well, my phone is on its way back to HK to get it fixed and such. In the meantime, I just bought an Innostream Inno 90 for a backup phone and will toy around with that one -- heard the RF is great!

• 3 months later...

I sent in my phone for service this afternoon, they replaced me a new motherboard and loaded firmware version R41n HK on it.

All the SIM card detection problems, network no service problems, lost sound during phone call problems (suddently they can't hear you) were gone. ^_^

I recommend everybody should get this update if possible.

:wink:

Guest Voldemort

i have version 4.20.0 (build 13349)

radio version R4.0.4 MBE43036-01 P2

is it newer than yours? with this one i still have the outgoing calls problem

(the first outgoin call works, the second freezes and i can only power off and turn on phone again... why dont put a ctrl+alt+canc?)

:roll:

Guest Voldemort

omg! i just discovered a weird thing!

it's not a phone bug, it's my crappy vodafone sim card! with any other sim there's no problem at all, even with old 32bit cards, vodafone too!

i g2g replacin my own sim asap

:twisted:

Here are the details of my phone after update.

CE Version: R41n HK

MicroP Version: R16

RF Firmware Version: R4.0.4 MBE44216-01P2

The version is shown on the first line, which is version 'n' for HK.

Don't know what the RF firmware is for, not sure about this one.

I live in HK and the Touch service center close at 8:00pm. They offer 4 hours express service so if you can bring your phone in before 4:00pm you can get the phone back at the same day.

not sure if they offer service for oversea customers by shipping? I can call them to ask for details if you need. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...