e200 detach / disconnect gprs functions??

Guest joelmb

Guest badboy4life

Disconnect GPRS disconnects the current GPRS session, was needed mostly before the update when GPRS would not auto-disconnect.

Detach GPRS completely disconnects the GPRS service from the network, particularly useful if your having problems where the phone just displays 'connecting...' but doesn't connect.

Guest teddyen66

DO NOT USE "Detach" if you are not sure what it does......I had a hole lot of trouble getting it to work again....

On some providers you lose the connection totallly....and have to contact your provider to have them open the connection again....

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest scrattyrat

hmmm. Think i may have inadvertantly detached my GPRS using the detatch option. :oops:

My phone used to display the 'G' symbol indicating a connection was availble, but now it doesnt. I have called o2 and they assure me that my sim is still activated for GPRS data.

Is there any phone settings i can check to verify i have detached the connection, or better still any way i can re-attach it?

If it cant be done via the phone do i have to call o2 again and if so what do i need to ask them, other than is my sim GPRS active?

Cheers!

I didn't have the manual when i recived my used e200 but i had an original spv so i was use to the phone, i recently descovered this menu and used the 'detach gprs' function and it removed the 'G' from my home screen. all i had to do to make it reappear was open up PIE and get on the net and i had my 'G' back on my home screen it was no big deal.