broken spv

Guest dilated

Guest dilated

I have an spv e100 I think that it is the second verions of the this phone.

the other day the battery ran down for the first time, I charged it yesterday. but now it will not work.

initally a reminder started when the smartphone 2002 logo was still on screen, the reminder quickly tunred in to a repeating clicking noise.

i reset the rom using record + power, action and then 8.

now the phone powerup and slowly shows the home screen but it reports the battery as dead and has no signal, no buttons work at all.

if I plug in the cradle it attempts to sync but appears to hang.

HELP!

Guest squall

before doing anything else i would charge the phone for a full cycle (say 12 hours)

I would then perform another hard reset, as it sounds like the rom has been corrupted.

If that fales try reinsatlling hte 1.6 update from the bootloader screen

Hopefully that will fix your phone. if not let us know

Guest dilated

thanks for all the advice.

the phone freezes as soon as the home screen appears, this means that i can use activesync to do the update. is there anything i can do via the bootloader screen?

Guest squall

was that a mistype on the can there?

Anyway you can run the update from boot loader.

Hold record and power button at start up and press nothing else. when the phone goes to 3 colour screen insert phone to cradle and run update file

• 1 month later...
Guest Abdulonline

I am using the oringinal Orange SPV phone and I tried to upgrade the rom top version 1.35.

Half way through the process i got an error message stating that an error had occured and I had to disconnect the battery from the phone and leave it for 30 seconds before reconnecting and turning the phone on again.

Then run the utility again.

But now all I get when I turn the phone on is the bootloader screen asking me to press any key to enter bootloader mode.

I have disconnected the battery and all I get is the same thing.

Is there anyway I can fix the orange SPV?

Thanks

Abdul

Guest kalinte

@abdulonline you basically have the same problem with dilated and the same solution will work on your phone. run your original rom version (canary mode) and it will do the trick. then just run your upgrade again.