Update problems...

Guest freitasm

Guest freitasm

Hi there! Just trying to update my i-mate Smartphone2 to the ROM 1.10.15.2 and the dialog says "Checking the information on your smartphone. Please wait". The phone screen's gone to a bootloader, then into a three colours (red, green, blue) with Smart Phone v1.04 doc in each colour band.

It doesn't seem to be doing anything now... Any ideas?

Cheers

Guest gazela

I´ve a Orange E200. Can you send me a link for that 1.10.... Rom Version, please? Can you tell the big differences? The Volume in the earpiece is Louder ? Thanks

Guest freitasm

The ROM 1.10 is available from Club i-mate (www.clubimate.com) and you'll need a valid i-mate IMEI to register there to download.

Guest gazela

Ok, thanks, but i´me not elegible for i-mate club. Do you know any other site in order to download? I would like to try it in my SPV E200 to see if the earpiece volume is louder than the orange Rom and Qtek's 1.19 Rom. Can you tell me your impressions about this point? Thanks anyway

Guest freitasm

Haven't used it much yet, since last night. Interesting enough the update ran ok, but the device wasn't hard reset - it's there, though the About shows all the new ROM versions. Pretty good!

Guest bedzlad
Hi there! Just trying to update my i-mate Smartphone2 to the ROM 1.10.15.2 and the dialog says "Checking the information on your smartphone. Please wait". The phone screen's gone to a bootloader, then into a three colours (red, green, blue) with Smart Phone v1.04 doc in each colour band.

It doesn't seem to be doing anything now... Any ideas?

Cheers

i have the same problem, it has red/green and blue colours on the screen with v1.07.02 doc and the active sync now will not communicate with the phone and yes i have connected it properly and reloaded active sync,HELP please

Guest freitasm

Remove the Smartphone from the cradle. Disable USB connections on ActiveSync.

Remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and re-insert it. Turn the phone on again and put in the cradle. You should now be able to start the update again. That's what I did, following the i-mate support instructions.

Guest sparkisgti

waste of time that doesnt help either, i now get error 117: incompitable image or from the bootloader menu just stays at 0%

think im gonna give up with this :roll:

Guest ri2la

Did you follow the instructions, extract the orange update and the new one to different folders, then copy the large file (can't remember name) from the i-mate folder to the orange one. Then put the fixed file in the orange directory and run it from there. But remember you must stop the activesync exe on the host pc!!

I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

Guest sparkisgti
Did you follow the instructions, extract the orange update and the new one to different folders, then copy the large file  (can't remember name) from the i-mate folder to the orange one. Then put the fixed file in the orange directory and run it from there. But remember you must stop the activesync exe on the host pc!!

I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

yep tried that as well now and still no luck.. maybe ill give it a go at home as well just in case its something funny with my work pc

Guest Mjo2004

I am having a smilar prob. Got my e200 on monday, had been looking around before i bought it so knew about the update. Did it, didnt seem to make much difference. So i looked through the update released thread, and found u have to disable zone alarm first. Did this, update went further, deleted rom etc, then when it went to install the new one, stuck on 0% and wouldnt move. Tells me to remove battery etc. Done this 3 times but to no avail. When i re run the update there is no current rom installed. Can i hard reset it back to its original state? and then update again? Please help.

Guest sparkisgti

ive tried again with a usb and serial cradle and no luck. keeps telling me the rom file is not for the e200.. doesnt matter which update file i use (orange one or florins updated one)

Guest Mjo2004

Where can i find florins mod? Does it come with full instructions? Is it simply easier just to take my phone back to orange and get a replacement as it is so new?

Guest HuskerDu
ive tried again with a usb and serial cradle and no luck. keeps telling me the rom file is not for the e200.. doesnt matter which update file i use (orange one or florins updated one)

Try this one:

- Extract the "official" and i-mate roms into separate folders.

- Copy the "VoUpgradeUT.exe" from the official rom folder to i-mate one and run it

-That"s all i did with my Qtek 8080

Hope that helps.

:D

Guest sparkisgti

Try this one:

- Extract the "official" and i-mate roms into separate folders.

- Copy the "VoUpgradeUT.exe" from the official rom folder to i-mate one and run it

-That"s all i did with my Qtek 8080

Hope that helps.

:D

still get error 117: incompatible image :evil: