MUI problem....

Guest marring

Guest marring

Hello,

I joined MoDaCo some last month, and newbie too. I asked some MANs here for help me, but it is really hard to help.

Some MANs said that I should hack ROM and then re-pack it, but I think it is impossible. However, I must say "thank you" because his suggest is really important in my job, and it helps me much.

I tried to build my country MUI and it is not my problem. But when I copy these files (mui files) to Windows folder, add registry keys for Mui available in Smartphone, and then choose my language in Region Setings, soft-reset my Smartphone.... wait for a while, but nothing happen. My Smartphone still using English.

My Smartphone is SPV, ROM version is 1.6.1.10, and un-locked, disable security check for applications....

But my mui files are a sample files, not complete resource, I means that I translate a part of resources to my language, the remain are using English. And so that I don't sign my files with VerySign for Smartphone application.

I'm sure I create MUI correctly. So I don't know why Smartphone don't use my MUI files?

Please give me a hand!

Thank you very much!

MARRING

Guest jcarnby

Hello !

Do you have some details in your solution.

Personally, I have a problem with the registry base. I must use the RIL API and, according to Microsoft, I must change this key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityPolicyAPIsRILGSM from 2 to 1. But it's impossible, I don't have the good rights. I have a privileged certificate and my SPV is unlock.

Do you have an idea ?

Guest jcarnby

In the SPV Classic, I think it's impossible due to a lock of the operator.

But in the SPV E200 with the registry editor, I have no problem. But my initial problem stay the same.