MSN featuring RJHTML

There appears to be a problem with showing the date correctly on the 2002 version. The the day and date fit inside their box (just) but the month and year are far too high up for the box they are supposed to fit into.

Will altering the htm page allow us to change the positions of the text?

Guest midnight

for e200 users, dunno of any fix cos I havent got an E200, which part is failing to install, the actual homescreen or rjhtml plugin? i've chcked the homescreen info file and theres no Reg entries being installed (which is a problem with locked e200's), so that cant be the problem

npw, thats VERY strange, cos i only have SP2002 devices (original SPV and E100) and it works fine on both, so i cant really see why yours would be any different (unless somehow your phone has a different PIE version)

i know wot it could be. i used to hav the tweaks program installed and it set my font to smaller. so that could b causing the problem. now to find out how to fix it :D

Posted from my SmartPhone!i know wot it could be. i used to hav the tweaks program installed and it set my font to smaller. so that could b causing the problem. now to find out how to fix it :D

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest g4mb17

the installer sets HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:ErrorBoxBKBitmapFile to StorageMSNyell.gif but the file doens't exist. I think its missing from the installer as i can't see an extract operation for it.

riki

Guest awesterink

In the case of the i600, it does not seem to like the fact that the registry is being tinkered with under HKLM. I suppose I could install this manually...yikes...

This is great, I really like it... I think it's probaply the best in a long time :D

I have a few questions though.. The buddy list. Is it supposed to work? I have added 4 people with the name they have on my list, is that wrong? They all come up as offline, but they aren't...

Any idea when we will be able to use the custom pages and weather :D

TKJ

Guest midnight

TKJ, this is because when it checks, it checks the status of their MSN Messenger, but, it cant check if they have security settings turned on....

In MSN Messenger: Toold > Options > Privacy and make sure that 'Only allow people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages' is NOT checked, that way the buddy list php can check their status.

As for the other pages, cant give a date, working on game stuff at the moment, I'll try and get the weather page up next within a day or two.

Guest midnight

gave in and added the Weather stuff, PLEASE dont request weather locations or this thread will just turn into a locatrion requerst thread, I will be adding more and more locations over time.

Guest bluesmudge

Im gonna get the stupid vote.... im prbably doing something wrong but after installing and selecting the home screen on The Locked e200 version the home screen gives me a message saying "No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout"

Help.

Thanks

Guest midnight

did you reboot? if that didnt work, go to settings, select a different homescreen, press done, then go back into the homescreen settings and change it back to MSN again.

Guest bluesmudge

Yeah tried that, looked around the phone for things that may have been put in the wrong place..... nothing.... if its any help midnight it looks great!!!.

Any other suggestions for what it won't work would be appreciated :D

problem:

Locked e200 version the home screen gives me a message saying "No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout"

Guest arman68

Beautiful, very fast, responsive, uncluttered, easy to use.

I have a few questions/observations :

1. The red text for the date is difficult to read with backlight off. I suppose it should be very easy to change it to white and I will look into it. Any reason for it to be red?

2. It would be great it the appointment section was present on the date screen as well (same location as other screens since there is space). Is that possible?

3. On the date screen (normal display), I would like to change the date display to 1 line only (ie: 29.06.2004) and use the other box for the carrier. Any reason why I could not do it?

4. The only other bit of information missing is the alarm status (I guess you never use it). Is that something that could be added to the bottom right corner? For example: a clock icon (crossed or not) + plus the alarm time if activated. Maybe it could be accessed for setting it by going down with the joystick after the www section.

5. I really appreciate the current time display being always visible. Not sure it there is enough room for it (I will try later) but I think it would be even better in bold.

6. The Call History screen is not skinned

7. Would it be possible to have a "plain" version without the MSN logo? I would like to put a small picture of my loved ones there :D

Did I say your skin looks fantastic and should be the default one on smarphones :D I hope Microsoft notices it.

Hi, I've installed this on my SPV Original, and although it looks quite nice, I can't see the black on dark blue menu/contacts very well so have tried to uninstall it, which mostly worked, but has left the contacts and main menu screens with the screens from here, how do I get rid of them ?

Thanks.

Guest JampoTT

Sure I'm being thick, but what is the format for adding buddies to the list. Do you use their sign-in, their screen name or what?

Guest arman68
5. I really appreciate the current time display being always visible. Not sure it there is enough room for it (I will try later) but I think it would be even better in bold.

I have been testing a few different settings and came up with the following small change to make the time display bigger and in bold; change the following line in MSN.home.xml :

<time font-size="22" y="7" w="170" halign="right" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#ffffff" />

Please note that this is only for 24 hours clock as there will not be space anymore for am/pm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.