reminders stop playing sound

Guest abc123

Guest abc123

OK - I have been all over the settings on this phone, but my reminders have stopped playing their sound to remind you of an appointment, etc.

I must be missing something real simple, but can't seem to find it anywhere...

• 1 year later...
Guest csc12345678

abc123. have you manage to solve this ? May I know how ? Thanks.

OK - I have been all over the settings on this phone, but my reminders have stopped playing their sound to remind you of an appointment, etc.

I must be missing something real simple, but can't seem to find it anywhere...

Guest awarner (MVP)

That's an old post you have dug out for your problem.

Try changing the system time on your phone by one minute, it's a known bug on 2002 and 2003.

Guest csc12345678

Still does not work... what else can I do ?

That's an old post you have dug out for your problem.

Try changing the system time on your phone by one minute, it's a known bug on 2002 and 2003.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Leave the time altered and soft reset the device.

Also check you have not deleted the sound you use for reminders by mistake.

Guest csc12345678

I'm very sure that I've not deleted the sound cause in Settings -> Sound... I can select the sound and then hear it being played.

I've tried:

- advancing the time by 1 hour and then take out the battery

- advancing the time by 1 hour and then use "quickreset" utility which I've found from the Modaco forum

However, it still gives me the doink. Have I soft reset it correctly ?

Leave the time altered and soft reset the device.

Also check you have not deleted the sound you use for reminders by mistake.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ahh so the there is a sound but only a doink, this is a completely different problem, normally a doink type sound indicates you have selected and incompatable sound format.

With reminders they need to be wav or midi0.

As for changing the time only 1 minute is needed not 1 hour :)

Try this sound file instead or select another standard tone. communi.wav

Guest csc12345678

I've downloaded and set it to reminder in Settings -> Sounds -> Reminders.... and still doink. What can I do next ?

Ahh so the there is a sound but only a doink, this is a completely different problem, normally a doink type sound indicates you have selected and incompatable sound format.

With reminders they need to be wav or midi0.

As for changing the time only 1 minute is needed not 1 hour :)

Try this sound file instead or select another standard tone. communi.wav

Guest awarner (MVP)

Try one of the original system sounds that come with the phone, if that fails then a hard reset may be the only option.

What actually happened when the reminders stopped sounding correctly ie was there some application you have just installed?

Guest csc12345678

I have always been using the original sound 'mystic'. I can hear it when I select it in Settings -> Sounds but not when the reminder is set.

I'm using Papyrus but I don't think this should be the problem, right ?

The funny thing is that only Tasks are affected. If I set a reminder using Calendar, I can hear the correct sound. Any more things I can try ? Something in the registry ?

Hardreset if only it would not recurred but how would I know ?

I don't recall resintalling anything recently and I really don't think I did.

Try one of the original system sounds that come with the phone, if that fails then a hard reset may be the only option.

What actually happened when the reminders stopped sounding correctly ie was there some application you have just installed?

Guest csc12345678

Today, miraculously the Task Reminder does sound. I then realise that the Task was set in PC Outlook and then sync to my phone. So I tried. All PC Outlook Task does trigger the phone to play the sound correctly. So it's a bug in the software. Thanks.

I have always been using the original sound 'mystic'. I can hear it when I select it in Settings -> Sounds but not when the reminder is set.

The funny thing is that only Tasks are affected. If I set a reminder using Calendar, I can hear the correct sound. Any more things I can try ? Something in the registry ?

Hardreset if only it would not recurred but how would I know ?

I don't recall resintalling anything recently and I really don't think I did.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Glad to hear it's working again, but it would have helped if you had originally mentioned it was only Tasks that were not sounding rather than Reminders in general. :)

Your problem may have been caused by Papyrus affecting the file association with Tasks one way to test would haev been to uninstall papyrus but wether or not it would then repair the registry association is another matter.

Guest csc12345678

>> Glad to hear it's working again, but it would have helped if you had originally mentioned it was only Tasks that were not sounding rather than Reminders in general. :)

It's not working yet. The bug is still here. I just know what is the source of the bug.

In the beginnning, I didn't know it's only related to Task (from the software). Later I thought I wrote in the forum... "The funny thing is that only Tasks are affected. If I set a reminder using Calendar, I can hear the correct sound. "

>> Your problem may have been caused by Papyrus affecting the file association with Tasks one way to test would haev been to uninstall papyrus but wether or not it would then repair the registry association is another matter.

I don't think it due to registry association as it didn't happen when I first install it. Only later then it happened.