If we can port Doom and Stuff from pc why not Warcraft

Guest Razor29

Guest Razor29

why dosent anyone try to port warcraft 1 its around 6 megs

and it could be great on smartphone you can make the joystick the mouse and the 2 softkeys mouse click 1 and 2 is it possible it could be the greatest sm game (:

I wish i could program i would try to do it my self the phone can handell warcraft 1 for shure someone try !

P.S

Sorry if the topic makes you think their is warcraft for smartphone

i didint think about that when i wrote it :roll:

Guest ustguitarista

yeah! warcraft! i used to spend most of my time playing this game before. hope it could be ported to the smartphone

Guest roozbeh

i like to clear some meaning here ....

porting means when you have some source codes and then you try to make those sources run on another platfrom

emulating means tring to emulate something to work similar to original one....and mostly used in terms of hardware emulation....

if you know of warcraft sources i can try it...but as far as i know there is no sources....

there are some for warcraft2

but i dont think it worth try to.,.,...

simply becouse navigation with joystick is really hard and it is really pain to select some unit and then command them and.....

maybe good port for ppc but not for smartphone.....

if i had ppc i will for sure tried warcraft for porting but in smartphone dont think so....just waste of time

Guest djfuego

Althought it would be nice to play these games. Playability would be impaired BIG TIME because of a lack of the mouse. When they invent a phone (the size of your average phone) that has a touchscreen.. maybe then it would be worth it. Then we could have a real Bio login.. but I digress. Warcraft souce is not likely to be released.

Still waiting for Kumite... :wink:

Guest gravity

Controls would be crap. Screen size would be a problem(you could shrink it to fit but it'd be too tiny). You gotta think about these things when considering a port. RTS can be done on smartphone, just not one dependant on interface so much. You cannont make the interface viewable and make the game playable on a smartphone at the same time.

Guest phonesmarts

lol

well, i assume noone here has played Warlocked on the GBC. well, if you could get a SP game like that, then that would be great!

Guest Razor29

First of all the controls wouldent be that horrible its possible to make the joystick controll the cursor and make it comftabull anyway i dont know if its possible to port if it is someone try it could be great while where talking about porting i dont get why people dont try and port alot of great old classics we dont need only old fps's port lost vikings or achon ultra their are so much good oldies waiting to be emulated or ported :D

Guest gravity

Do you even remember how much mouse movement is involved? Add that to the fact that everything has to be very tiny in order to fit the screen, so good luck selecting units, when the sprites are only 4 pixels in size. And don't forget that you have to move your mouse to the edge to get to other parts of the map. Now try doing all that with a joystick/keypad and having fun at the same time.

And before I forget, you'll never be able to play the game right because you won't be able to read what the objectives are. If you've ever played Monkey Island on smartphone, you know what I'm talking about.

Guest phonesmarts

@gravity: yeah, keep it nice and simple... features can be added to it, but nothing that will ruin the game. the GBC was playable, wasn't it?

Guest Lingerhosen

What about Bloodwych? Classic olde Amiga game that is tiny and SOOO do-able! (If it already exists PLEASE tell me!) Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gravity

Phonesmarts you cannont make changes to the way the game is played or controled. It's impossible to simplify it, all you can do is make it run on a different processor.

Guest Razor29

about six month ago some russien company released 5 pictures of warcaft 2 running on a cassiopia e200 pocketpc now if you remeber your oldies what kinda sucked about warcraft 1 the resalustion sucked the soldiers where much bigger my point is if warcraft 2 can theoretacly run on ppc then one can run on smartphone and about the text i think it will be fine cus isee the text in doom for example and you can allways do scool mode where the shown screeen is migger then the screen size and you can scroll the screen if you understand what im saying

Guest discostuey

Xcom UFO Enemy known.

.......the only game you would ever need for your smartphone, if it were available of course.

Guest Razor29

thats the last game you would need on smartphone !! you dare say the name of that game in a thread thay says warcraft, warcraft was one best games ever made when what you said......

shutyyy!!!

:D

• 4 months later...

i donno. i have 0 knowledge in c++ and c#. but i know bit of java and lingo. wanna try some programming for c++ in smartphone. anyone interested in trying to make a smartcraft? lol. i was thinking instead of trying to tire our smartphones out by emulating(midnight once gave a statistic abt emulation)...why not try and make a program FOR the smartphone.

• 1 year later...
Guest Symbionik

It won't work , the screen is to small , and the controls wold be really shity (if you don't know what i mean install the cursor hack on your mobile and see how it works)

And i bealive Razor will still say it's posible so here's how it'd look (just a lil photoshop)

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=w...arcraft1qj4.jpg

wold that be playable?hell no!!!!

Guest genaldar

Dude thats definetly World of Warcraft, not Warcraft. Warcraft was an rts released over 12 years ago. The picture even says World of Warcraft (which is a mmorpg released about 2 years ago).

Edited by genaldar