C500 Review in W@Mob - Looks very promising!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

There's a review of the upcoming SPV C500 in this months W@Mob magazine in the UK.

Overall, the review is very favourable, with claims of battery, camera and video recording, all being improved :D

ReviewHilights.jpg

C500Verdict.jpg

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Despite it's bugs back at Xmas 2002 (remember the Bugtrack forum anyone? :D) i still fell in love with my SPV when i got it shortly after. There is no way this is going to be any worse. Definately my next handset... :D

Guest morpheus2702

OK most reviews are subjective, but this reviewer has worse visual skills than Stevie Wonder:

an absolutely stunning transformation from a boring grey slab to a sexy black number
Yeah riiiiight! I always considered the aesthetics of the E100/E200 one of the phone's better points.

The range of applications has grown too, so Symbian and Palm better watch out

Oh COME ON, who the fcuk is this guy kidding?!? Hasn't one of the main topics of discussion on here been about the lack of software developed for the platform (e.g. with reference to .NET). 3 years ago I could get Acrobat and AvantGo for my Ipaq, today I can do the same for my Smartphone... if it is Symbian or Palm.

Huzzah about the battery life, but given his opinions about the above, I remain frosty!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It's not entirely impossible to view pdf's on Smartphone...whats the Symbian equivilent, is Acrobat available from Adobe (serious question, i don't know)?

AdvantGo is kinda redundant now too with GPRS being built in at least from the carriers point of view. There are alternatives to that too.

Guest morpheus2702
It's not entirely impossible to view pdf's on Smartphone...whats the Symbian equivilent, is Acrobat available from Adobe (serious question, i don't know)?

AdvantGo is kinda redundant now too with GPRS being built in at least from the carriers point of view.  There are alternatives to that too.

Acrobat Reader is available for Pocket PC, Palm and Symbian... as is AvantGo.

I love how an application suddenly becomes 'redundant' when its not featured on Smartphone :?:

Given the choice between having my daily papers updated FOC when I sync in the morning or paying for GPRS access, I know what I'd choose

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

My point was i would imagine carriers aren't going to push a technology that will pull revenue away from the services they provide (HTTP over GPRS). For example, ever counted the number of keystrokes it takes to open MSN mesenger compared to starting a new SMS?

I agree it shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately at the moment it is. Keep bugging Adobe and AdvantGo to produce Smartphone equivilents. If you don't ask you don't get...