Has anyone with At&t account upgraded to WM2003

Guest lofek1

Guest lofek1

Has anyone upgraded his MPX200 phone from At&t in the US to WM2003 ?

did it work ? were there any special settings needed ? for data , voice , SMS etc ?

Guest jcesar2

after 4 months of not coming back to this website i decided to check iit out, and i saw the fresh post offering the 2003 upgrade i didn't think twice and decide to upgrade, followed the instructions and seems to be working fine

after i changed the language, i went straight to attwireless.com and looked for the internet and browser tutorials, it works great gprs and everything, i remember i couldn't even get my old rom to acces mmode, now the 2003 version allows me to have a desktop view of a web page, you definitely have to try it.

Guest mischievous

I upgraded my ROM. Settings as per AT&T Wireless Site. You have to put these in yourself after you upgrade.

MPX200

SUBJECT:

Accessing browser settings on the Motorola MPx200.

Access mMode settings on the Motorola MPx200.

FACT:

Motorola MPx200

SYMPTOM:

Accessing WAP or mMode.

Accessing HTML.

Internet access.

FIX:

Motorola MPx200 device keypad layout.

1. Verify the software version.

○ If the handset displays version 1.1.20.81 or higher in the "Operator" field the below settings can be sent to the Motorola MPx200 over the air from the AT&T Wireless Data Services Support site.

○ If the version is lower than 1.1.20.81 please continue with the manual configuration settings.

2. Press the Programs soft key.

3. Scroll to "Internet Explorer" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

4. Press the Menu soft key.

5. Scroll to "Options" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

6. Scroll to "Connections" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

○ Automatically detect settings: Unchecked.

○ Select network: WAP Network (Press Left or Right on the directional keypad until the desired choice is present.)

7. Press Done twice.

8. Press the Home key.

9. Press the Programs soft key.

10. Scroll to "More" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

11. Scroll to "Settings" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

12. Scroll to "Data Connections" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

13. Verify the following information by pressing Left or Right on the directional keypad for each line item:

○ Internet Connection: AWS GPRS

○ Work Connection: "Automatic" or "None Available"

Note: This settings does not effect the use of mMode

○ WAP Connection: AWS GPRS

○ Secure WAP Connection: None Available

14. Press the Menu soft key.

15. With "Edit Connections" highlighted press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

16. Scroll to "Proxy Connections" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

17. Press the Menu soft key.

18. Scroll to "Edit" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

19. Enter the following information:

○ Connects From: The Internet (Press Left or Right on the directional keypad until the desired choice is present).

○ Connects To: WAP Network (Press Left or Right on the directional keypad until the desired choice is present).

○ Proxy (name:port): 10.250.250.54:8080

○ Type: HTTP

○ Username: Blank

○ Password: Blank

20. Press Done twice.

21. Scroll to "GPRS Connections" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

22. Press the Menu soft key.

23. Scroll to "Edit" and press the Action key (the blue button in the center of the directional keypad).

24. Enter the following information:

○ Connects To: The Internet

○ Access Point: proxy

○ Username: Blank

○ Password: Blank

○ Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

○ Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

○ IP Address: Blank

25. Press Done twice.

26. Press the Home key.

Guest lofek1

Thanks a lot , I will try it and let you know how it works.

Have you experienced any problems with the SIM or the SD card ?

Guest mischievous

No SIM or SD Card Problem. In fact, since I had most programs installed on the SD Card, I only had to create shortcuts to the Start Menu and not re-install those.

Good Luck, Hope Your Success is Like Mine!

Guest alphajoe

Got the software downloaded. Installed reg edit and went into ....localMUIAvailable and deleted Duetch and replaced with 0409 "Us English". Doesn't work. How did you change the language on yours?

Guest mischievous

Msmobiles also has second download for language. They also posted 3rd for Radio Stack, which I haven't installed yet since I haven't had problem. Both are installed through the firmware application you used for the first.

Guest MadSci

Some assitance sought for a relative Newbie. Where do I get the software and instructions required to flash the ROM with SP 2003? I have the German version, the Multi-Language upgrade and the Radio Stack upgrade, but I really don't know how to install them.

Thanks for your assistance.

MadSci

Guest alphajoe

Got everything working but MMode so far. There isn't an mmode icon or any of accessing it. I followed the instructions above to get the internet working but is there a way to get mmode working?

Guest mischievous

You have to type in mMode URL...I generally never use it so I won't miss it. Call AT&T Wireless for address. You won't have the icon though.

Guest CoolRoi

Madscci,

You have to unzip the *.rar file, goto winace.com and download their unzip program. There will be an installination doc in the unzipped files.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bnl107

Hello. I just updated mt AT&T Wireless MPx200 with the new WM2003 ROM, but I am having problems setting up the Internet. I follow the instructions listed above, but get stuck at step #13:

13. Verify the following information by pressing Left or Right on the directional keypad for each line item:  

○ Internet Connection: AWS GPRS  

○ Work Connection: "Automatic" or "None Available"  

Note: This settings does not effect the use of mMode  

○ WAP Connection: AWS GPRS  

○ Secure WAP Connection: None Available

AWS GPRS is not listed on my phone, instead I have a list that looks like this:

Automatic

Sunrise Internet

Swisscom Internet

O2 Internet

EPlus Internet

D2 Internet

D1 Internet.

If I skip that step, I get caught up again on step #19 because there is nothing listed under "Proxy Connections" or "GPRS Connections" (Step #21).

Has anyone else had these problems? Does anyone have a solution or an idea of what I should try? Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest clacke
Hello. I just updated mt AT&T Wireless MPx200 with the new WM2003 ROM, but I am having problems setting up the Internet. I follow the instructions listed above, but get stuck at step #13:

AWS GPRS is not listed on my phone, instead I have a list that looks like this:

Automatic

Sunrise Internet

Swisscom Internet

O2 Internet

EPlus Internet

D2 Internet

D1 Internet.

If I skip that step, I get caught up again on step #19 because there is nothing listed under "Proxy Connections" or "GPRS Connections" (Step #21).

Has anyone else had these problems? Does anyone have a solution or an idea of what I should try? Thanks in advance for your help.

Just delete them all if you are a US ATT user. None of them will do you any good, I've had to do this about 6 times now, each tie you flash it wipes it clean. Not sure about the msater resets, but I think they will as well.

Guest martin

Just start at section 14 but select Menu-New instead of Menu-Edit and enter AWS GPRS as the description when creating a new GPRS or Proxy connection. After that you can go to 13 and change the data connection settings.

Guest mcdannej

I'm dittoing the mmode discussion, would love to hear from someone who has it working after wm2003. Even through a url, who cares about the icon...

Kailes, I had a little problem with pass through, but got it working. Basically, as far as I can tell, nothing changed about pass through for wm 2003. But your settings after flash will be all screwed up. Look for earlier posts about pass through and you should be able to get it working. Generally most everything needs to be set to automatic in the settings / data conneection menu.