for those of you that have upgraded to 2003

Guest t3m17

Guest t3m17

I have ATT, I have the rom sitting on my desktop, is it a good idea to upgrade, what are the pros/cons, do any of you wish you didnt upgrade?

I cant decide...

please help

thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

Easy question for you, do you have warranty on your phone and do you want to invalidate it?

If you do want to invalidate it then upgrade, if not dont.

After 60 hours my battery is still on 52%

Guest t3m17

I dont think I will use the warranty. I am selling the phone to get the MPx220 so this will just make me able to get more money (Im getting about 180 for it not bad considering i got it for 160). Is the battery thing the only pro? any drawbacks?

Guest Zeke009

I am an AT&T customer and I did the upgrade last night. Aside from forgetting to hard reset the phone after I installed the 2003 and being stuck in German for awhile, it went pretty smooth and I'm glad I did it.

I'll have a chance to work with it more this evening when I get home. I still need to apply the MMS fix, but I have to decide if it's a feature I will use or not in the immediate future.

Guest CarolinaPen

I am an AT&T customer as well, and have upgraded to 2003. So far it is working great and I haven't had any problems. Another PRO is you can now use wma files as ringtones and the caller ID problem seems to be fixed. I would highly recommend it.

Guest dean.howse

I too upgraded today, and I have had no problems as yet. Although I do seem to be having problems setting up my email with BT openworld. Apart from that, I am very happy. :D

Vodafone UK contract

Guest Zeke009
I am an AT&T customer as well, and have upgraded to 2003. So far it is working great and I haven't had any problems. Another PRO is you can now use wma files as ringtones and the caller ID problem seems to be fixed. I would highly recommend it.

Are you using the caller id app from the cd or are you using a different caller id application?

Just curious.

Guest ipcai

Awarner:

"After 60 hours my battery is still on 52% "... :shock: :shock:

Wow...How am i going to get that??? My battery drained off after 12 hours of stand-by...totally flat!!...i had just made a several short calls and a few sms....and i did kill all programs that still running at the background.....help!! :D :D :lol:

Guest TANKERx

I've found that on Standby, the battery keeps up fantastic, but once I establish a data connection, I can just watch those battery bars drop like dropping things on a drop-for-your-life day. Never mind.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest ipcai

Do you run any background apps?

Traffic counter or Xbar perhaps?

None of these...! There is nothing running on my "Task Manager"...

I guess it probably caused by the "G" sign on the signal bar at the external display...which means that the phone is always connected to GPRS.... :roll:

Pls...pls tell me how to set the GPRS OFF! Or, something like it will only get connected when receiving MMS...else It's NOT!

Guest TANKERx

None of these...! There is nothing running on my "http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager"...

I guess it probably caused by the "G" sign on the signal bar at the external display...which means that the phone is always connected to GPRS.... :roll:

Pls...pls tell me how to set the GPRS OFF! Or, something like it will only get connected when receiving MMS...else It's NOT!

I found two ways of getting around this bug;

1) Place a call but hang up even before the dialling starts. After about two secinds, the [G] vanished

2) Switch Flight Mode off and then on again.

1 is the quicker of the two and yes, it makes a difference to the battery.

Guest neostar

The G on the external display and the large g on the mian screen are only there to tell you that GPRS is available, they do not mean you are connected .

The only time you are connected is when there is a small G above the signal bar on the Main screen NOT the external one.

To hang up a gprs connection just click the hang up call button once and 3 seconds later the little g above the signal will disapear.

However GPRS only charges you for data, being connected doesn't cost anything. according to sean over at mobile gadgets, the fact wm2003 doesn't automatically hang up your connection is a feature not a bug, it stops you from having to wait for the sometimes lengthy connection process.

Guest ipcai

I charged it overnight (>7 hours) and this morning it was 100% by the time i wake up (8:15am).

Now is 9:35am...the percentage dropped to 89%!! :evil:

And i haven't make any call yet!!!! :D

There is no application/games or anything running at the backgroud as well.

1 hour ==>> -10%

10 hours ==>> 0% left!

I'll gone crazy very oooon... :cry: :evil: :evil:

Guest pixelboy

I had a weird thing happen this morning...

XBAR reported 88% battery, I restarted the phone and IMMEDIATELY got the low battery warning, XBar reported 35%!!!

weird man, maybe the 2003 OS cant poll the battery corrcetly.

Guest TANKERx
I charged it overnight (>7 hours) and this morning it was 100% by the time i wake up (8:15am).

Now is 9:35am...the percentage dropped to 89%!!  :evil:  

And i haven't make any call yet!!!!  :D  

There is no application/games or anything running at the backgroud as well.

1 hour ==>> -10%

10 hours ==>> 0% left!

I'll gone crazy very oooon... :cry: :evil:  :evil:

Have you installed the new GSM fix? I don't know if it's me or whether something has actually gotten better but I'm sure something seemed better when I slapped that on my unit!

Guest ipcai

Have you installed the new GSM fix? I don't know if it's me or whether something has actually gotten better but I'm sure something seemed better when I slapped that on my unit!

The new GSM fix?? :shock: ...

I didn't aware of that...i installed the WM2003 ROM and added a key 0409=US English, then hard reset. That's it! nothing else....

Did i miss something important (new GSM fix, lang pack?)?

Where can i download them?...really appreciate ur help!

Guest TANKERx

Hi,

I can't point you to the file, but needless to say, if you were to visit www.msmobiles.com, the forum contains a conversation which may interest you.

Wink, wink! Say no more!

Guest schoggijoghurt

Keep it simple,

turn ur Moto off, charge it to 100% battery-Full, turn ur moto on, with a hard-reset - press blue button, and press the Power botton...

All Datas will be lost!!!

After that your battery, feels quite healthy... :D

b4n

SJ

Guest PDAZealot

I too have the battery dying in less than 10hrs as well. Yes, I have fully powered, shut down, down the hard reset routine(twice), and I still have the issue. Suggestions? Also, I have run into the T9 issue as well. It won't autospell common words that it had no problem with before, and I have to shift to ABC mode. Very irritating. Does anyone have a good T9 file from the 2002 version? This might be better than using the crappy one that is in the 2003 version. BTW, besides these two issues, the 2003 ROM is brilliant, and @nonymous should be given even more credit, as it was a sorely needed upgrade, and it was DISGRACEFUL that it was not released by ATTws, or at least leaked it beforehand.

Guest bmetelsky

Several items -

One - I am using only the software provided on the 2003 ROM and the caller ID is definitely faster than it was before.

Two - I am using the English version and find no problems with t9 input (although I don't really use it that much).

Three - I have not had battery problems - but didn't have them before, either.

Four - Thanks to @nonymous for this wonderful present!