what vids/movies are on your phone

Guest t3m17

Guest AvWijk

I ripped 'Austin Powers - Goldmember' for my smartphone :P File size is 150mb, and the quality is 192kb/s @ 24fps. First, I ripped the DVD with DVDx to a DivX file around 1gb. Then Í'll start VirtualDub. For the encoding settings i have a config file from ClintEastMan. The settings in this file are not 100% correct so I adjust the bitrate to 192kb/s and I delete the letterbox setting. Done with this, I'll save my file :D

Guest martin
martin

I have already dvd decrypted the movie before so just copied the files onto my HDD, did what you said above (and yup said about the stream etc) but once it's done it has no sound :D :lol: sadness

Most of the DVD's I tried were OK but then I also had a couple which wouldn't give sound :? I don't know how you fixed yours but I got around the problem by using Mode-IFO in instead of Mode-File (in DVD Decypter). This is a much better way of ripping the DVD as I just click Stream Processing and select the Video and one audio option. I get sound with everything now :P

Guest Harlem_Diplomat
This is all I did to get the Shrek1 on my phone   :P  

-Load DVD Decrypter.

-Edit, Select Main Movie Files.

-File, Decrypt.

This will save the main movie IFO and related VOB files in directory c:(movie name)VIDEO_TS

-Load PocketDivXEncoder.

-Click browse icon next to 'File to encode'.

-Go to the above directory and open the displayed VOB file (only one file shows).

-When prompted select the required stream to encode i.e English,AC3,6,128

- Click 'on Advance options'and then click on smartphone icon for default settings.Make any fine adjustments to the settings. (i.e click XVID option and adjust Audio/Video quality to suit smartphones capability)

Click 'Direct Encoding'  :D  

It worked for me  :lol:/

What did I do wrong? I did EVERYTHING you posted. I took the movie BLOW...decrypted it, used all your setting and put it on my phone. But when I play it...the video is all screwed up. The audio is fine. Here is a pic of what im talking about.

DSC01048.JPG

Guest martin

Hi Harlem_Diplomat

Although most Videos worked fine I had this problem on one video and a sound problem on a couple of others.

I'm extracting the file another way now and so far I have had no problems :D

Try this...

1. Open DVD decrypter

2. Go to Tools-Settings from menu bar - select IFO mode tab and tick 'Enable stream Processing' and OK.

3. Go to Mode IFO from menu bar.

In the Input option it will automatically tick all chapters.

If you want to, you can extract only one chapter which helps when testing the DIVX encoder :wink:

In the Stream Processing option I tick the Video (0xE0) and only one Audio Option (usually 0x80).

Untick all other audio options.

That's it - then Decrypt.

Use DIVX encoder the same way as before (screenshots look OK)

Let us know if this works OK for you :P

• 1 month later...
Guest The PocketTV Team

> I used DVD Decrypter to rip the vob files off of the DVD, then used DVD2AVI moved onto TMPGenc to make an mpg about 1gb for the movie (I believe it was the video CD setting, haven't done any encoding for a while)

You should check our Simple Guide for making MPEG files optimized for Smartphone.

The guide include pre-defined templates files optimized for Smartphones, and of course you can customize the parameters of those templates if you want.

Read the F.A.Q. at the end of the guide, it has lots of information, e.g. how to convert .MOV files etc.

Guest martin
how do you guys play your movies that are stored on your card?? Do you create a certain folder?

If you are using pockettv or betaplayer then you can store movie files anywhere on the SD card as both applications come with browsers :)

Guest triplej982

Thanks everyone for your help, my phone is pimp now, got the pics, ringtones and movies, thanks again!! But how come when i convery my movies to mpeg, they go from 60mb to about 120mb. How many frames per second should i click on when i convert it and what about video size?

-[]DeAcE-

J-Dawg

8)

Guest triplej982

thanks for the input martin, are these files all these big. I have a 128mb card and when you encode them they go from 90mb to about 180mb for one movie. And i did what you said to do? Can anyone have me send them the movie and help me out or tell me what im doing wrong?