E200: I-mate to UK Orange!??

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

Hey,

Now i know most of you have managed to go back to Orange from the I-Mate rom but there are a few of us who cant. So far this is what i've tried:

-Greek/I-Mate/Orange installer with Orange rom and with/without fixed.exe

-Greek installer with Greek/I-Mate/Orange/Fixed VoUpgrade.exe

-I-Mate installer with Greek/I-Mate/Orange/Fixed VoUpgrade.exe

-Orange installer with Greek/I-Mate/Orange/Fixed VoUpgrade.exe

Nothing works! I either get error 113 or 117 or get to 0% upgrade or 10%. Thats it.

Now i know there are some of you out there who have the ability to help those of us with this problem. All im asking for is either a universal rom installer or a fix to allow us to get the Orange rom back...unless someone has found a way to get back to Orange that I havent tried?? Failing all that...a way to get O2 PAYG GPRS working on the I-Mate rom? MMS works but the internet doesn't :?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Guest nedge2k

Come on, does no-one know?

How have the rest of you gone back?

What's your phone's build number? It'll help track down this bug. Maybe we can warn others before they get stuck!

Guest RaxDraco

Hi there,

I finally managed to get my ROM to go back to the old Orange one from the new I-mate. The new I-mate ROM in my opnion was a bit flakey I couldn't pick up calls it would just hang and the screen would hang in between changing apps. :evil:

I went through the same problem with the Greek install program. I think this is what ended up happening. I installed the I-Mate ROM again after the Greek install failed at 10% with the Orange NBF file. (Done from the Canary screen).

I ran the IMate install program with the Orange NBF file and that failed and I had to install the Imate ROM again :D

After that I ran Flourins fixed.exe program with the Orange NBF file (Canary screen again). Now don't ask me why it should suddenly decide to work but it did as I was expecting to get a 117 error.. :P

All I can say is I am just happy to be back on the Orange ROM again and hopefully it won't crash as much as the IMate one did.

Come back Orange ROM all is forgiven..

Guest nedge2k

No the phone's build number found in Settings>About

Two of us with this problem have build number: 13349

Infact...i'll get a poll going

Guest t3dluke

Uninstall activesync, remove all registry keys to do with activesync, reinstall then use the update from the orange site (without florins fix) to go back. Worked for me first time. Had the same problem as you guys, took ages to figure the solution.

Guest t3dluke

Oh, and why would you want to change back the orange ROM sucks. For GPRS settings they can be enterered manually, if you search for GPRS repository on this forum you should fine a huge list of all the networks GPRS settings users have made.

Guest nedge2k

Yeh i know where the settings are mate :P

The rom wont let you access O2 GPRS for internet, only MMS. The only way to get internet is through CSD, which is not only slow but also starts to cost after 300 mins...unlike GPRS.

Apart from that i love the I-Mate ROM but i need to go back to orange to investigate a few things before I stay with I-Mate.

I will try what you've suggested tho :D

Guest nedge2k

Not exactly the way you said but im back :D

My method:

-Uninstall ASync, delete reg values, reboot, re-install

-Extract Orange ROM to a folder and put fixed.exe in it

-Put the phone in bootloader and run fixed.exe

I tried ur method first, that may/may not have made a difference.

Anyway, cheers dude :P

Guest mthomas50
Go Start Menu > Run > Type CMD

then Search the whole registry for "Activesync" :D

I think that should be Start - Run and type RegEdit and then search for Activesync and delete all... :P