Homescreens on 2003

Guest sdph

I've successfully updated my i600 to 2003, and reinstalled all of my apps with no problems. However, I can't figure out how to get my homescreens to work with the upgrade. The MS Homescreen Generator only seems to work with 2002.

Am I missing something? If it requires a different file type, can the old ones be converted?

Please understand, I am not a programmer and I have no clue how to work with XML.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Guest amanson

I am not familiar with MS homescreen Generator, but am familiar with programming homescreens. There is no difference in XML from '02 to '03. The problem may be that the filesystem has changed from '02 to '03. The home screen XML files are stored in a different location and thus, are not recognized by the phone if MS homescreen Generator puts them in the old location.

Guest Paramedic1

I read a tip on the msmobiles website regarding using themes generated by Theme Generator 2002. You can still generate themes, but cannot automatically transfer them to your phone using the program. Just copy and paste your themes into the Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Accessories folder. Then access the folder from you phone, click on the theme, and it installs on the phone. Works great, just a couple of additional steps...

Guest paalooI600

2 things to check...

can you load a background image with the homescreen that is already there? '

if you CANT.. try putting the image in

SmartphoneStorageMy Documents

and then try to load it again... that should fix that...

if you CAN... open your homescreen XML file with notepad...

and look for your "plugins". PLugins are the items you see on the screen. (i.e. Date, Time, Missed calls, Applications... etc.)

Right before the first plugin you will see the path for the background image. verify that path is where your image is. make the necessary correction. save the file and then upload the file to the phone.

to avoid the directory mismatch any further... drop all your home screens and images in the same directory.

possibily in...

SmartphoneStorageApplication DataHome

-or-

SmartphoneStorageMy Documents

i perfer the latter cuz i drop all my images in there.... as well my ring tones.

Hope that helped.

Windows mobile + i600 = :P