How do you carry your mpx200

Guest jcjdoss

Guest jcjdoss

Right now I carry mine in my pocket, but I'm looking for the best way to carry it. I'm liking the Mercury EVA® Pouch, but wanted to get feedback before I drop some cash

Guest awarner [MVP]

I use a Krussel case does fine for me but will not protect 100% from scratches when dropped :D (not that you should drop your phone :P)

Guest gravity

I carry it quite carelessly actually, no cover or pouch. I drop it atleast once a month, sometimes upto 3-4 times. It's a pretty durable phone and I'm surprised it still works after all those falls and bounces(yes it bounces up when it hits the ground and hits the ground again :P ).

Guest jcjdoss
I carry it quite carelessly actually, no cover or pouch.  I drop it atleast once a month, sometimes upto 3-4 times.  It's a pretty durable phone and I'm surprised it still works after all those falls and bounces(yes it bounces up when it hits the ground and hits the ground again :P ).

At least you name fits

Guest ShinyBill
I carry it quite carelessly actually, no cover or pouch.  I drop it atleast once a month, sometimes upto 3-4 times.  It's a pretty durable phone and I'm surprised it still works after all those falls and bounces(yes it bounces up when it hits the ground and hits the ground again :D ).

Same here! It seems to remain pretty unscathed whenever I bounce it although I do have a scratch on the front LCD which half-covers the battery bar... but it wasn't caused by dropping the phone...

My phone did come with a small case but it looks and feels horrible, and doesn't really provide all that much protection. To be honest I'm ok just leaving mine in my pocket for now, unless I find a decent case :P

Guest smeg36

First, I used a Krussel case. Then I got a belt clip Vaja. Then I got a non-belt clip custom Vaja. Then I got a cheap ebay holster. Then I got the expensive, good type holster. Right now I am carrying it case free in my pocket while I wait for a Mercury EVA Pouch, but I am thinking of getting a Krussel. I can't really say which I liked the best, they all had good point and bad points.

I started with the supplied case, but broke the clip in the first week! Then I bought the Krussel vertical leather pouch, nice case, tight fit, but I had to keep taking the phone in and out so really it might as well have been in my pocket.

Now I am using the Vaja case with belt clip, and though it probably isnt really worth the cost, it is the best. Nicely made and a really strong and secure clip. The screen isnt covered so you dont have to look through a dirty piece of plastic all the time. Also has cutouts for all the various ports on the phone so other than removing the battery, no need to ever remove the phone.

So, my advice, go for the Vaja and know you got the best case on the market.

MPX200 on WM2003, Vaja case

Guest TANKERx

I carry mine on the camel which I take with me everywhere (except for supermarkets and other public buildings where camels are not allowed in which case I carry the phone in the pouch in my belly).

Guest dodding nonkey

Before I continue I have to say that I find this distasteful and emotionally painful...Why?...Because I'm giving Orange UK a plug!!. I got my case from them, free (It should cost £9.99) because I stamped my feet and tossed my shiny curls petulantly in a shop full of customers on a saturday!! I have to admit, it is the bee's knees. All the cut-outs in all the right places, very good protection, secure, with a good belt clip and safety lanyard. It also looks a little better than the ones at the link above, being black, leather and sexy. OK I did it... can I have the Entonox now???

Guest jcjdoss
I started with the supplied case, but broke the clip in the first week! Then I bought the Krussel vertical leather pouch, nice case, tight fit, but I had to keep taking the phone in and out so really it might as well have been in my pocket.

Now I am using the Vaja case with belt clip, and though it probably isnt really worth the cost, it is the best. Nicely made and a really strong and secure clip. The screen isnt covered so you dont have to look through a dirty piece of plastic all the time. Also has cutouts for all the various ports on the phone so other than removing the battery, no need to ever remove the phone.

So, my advice, go for the Vaja and know you got the best case on the market.

MPX200 on WM2003, Vaja case

NICE!!!!

Guest jcjdoss
i ordered the cheap swivel holster off ebay. anyone kno if that is durable? or crappy?

Lots of swivels, you'll need to give us a picture, link, or brand

Guest aliensix

Just keeping my phone in one of those homemade "sock" pouches, not using a sock though hehe. And then keeping the phone with the pouch in my jacket pocket. It aint thin enuff to squeeze into my jeans pockets.

Guest gravity

I think there were2 packages, those of use who bought it SIM free got the leather case, those who got it from Orange got the stereo headphones instead. Unless the lucky Orange bastages got the cover aswell.

Guest fcruson

"I am using the OEM leather case. It is high quality and looks good"

Mine broke in one week also. :x Have not found a replcement...

Guest DagwoodB

I found the OEM fake leather/plastic unit to be too flimsy. The connect/retention post broke after about 1 month.

I then found a third party that is a belt/swivel unit for dirt cheep on daydeal.com for ~ $7 with free shipping.

It is working great and is more like the phone holsters that I have become used to.

D

Guest jcjdoss

I'm really tempted to get a vaja case. Those look sweet. The fit seems to be like a glove. The leather is thick, which for the mpx200 could be a bad thing. Already a bulkly phone. Anyone else have one