is "bitchin" a swear word?

Guest gravity

Guest gravity

Seriously this is a new low for censorship. That is not a swear word, and the fact that nedge's new IRC script banned meatgrinder for it( I know nedge wasn't aware his new script did this), and then instead of undoing the ban, beersoft silences me for saying "bichin" "That is not a swear word". I got nothing against the Modaco rules, but this is pushing it a bit too far. I would go and chat on other smartphone channels but that would also mean dealing with the whole warez scene. Why is it that grown adults can't say "Bitchin" without getting the moderators all worked up?

I can only hope that beersoft was as drunk as his name would suggest and wasn't thinking clearly.

Guest Disco Stu

Well "B*tch" is definitely sexist and obviously abusive.

Whether "b*tch*ng" is as well is a moot point.

I've been overusing it since the father's line in Donnie Darko.

If a family forum deems it unacceptable though it has to go

Guest kurtfhouse

To be clear "Bitch" is only a swear word if used in the wrong context, clearly if you were describing a female dog for example it would not be :P

"Bitching" Well I'm not sure this is actually a word at all, it certainly doesn't seem to mean anything as such, I certainly don't find it offensive :?

Its like taking the word "sofa" and adding an "ing" what the hell is "sofaing"?????

O.k I'm confusing myself now but I reckon, no "bitching" is not a swear word......personally :? :D

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just FYI, the freenode channel isn't official MoDaCo chat, just a channel that's run by MoDaCo members :P So they can do as they wish...

Guest beersoft

and we can't wait for the real #smartphone to come back into action.

and nedges script was a bit oversensitive :P

[18:56] man that is bitchin

[18:56] * Croccy22 was kicked by nedge2k3 (Swearing is not allowed in this channel. Next time you will be banned !!!)

[18:56] * Croccy22 ([email protected]) has joined #smartphone

[18:56] Mwa ha ha ha

[18:56] hehehe

[18:56] that is quite funny

[18:57] scunthorpe :D

[18:57] * You were kicked by nedge2k3 (Swearing is not allowed in this channel. Next time you will be banned !!!)

[18:57] * Attempting to rejoin channel #smartphone

[18:57] * Rejoined channel #smartphone

[18:57] * Topic is 'Welcome to #Smartphone! http://www.MoDaCo.com -- http://www.MSMobilenews.com | NO WAREZ, SERIALS, ROMS, SWEARING ETC. | type /nick yourname to change nick |'

[18:57] * Set by ChanServ on Thu Jul 29 18:51:35

[18:57] * ChanServ sets mode: +o beersoft

[18:57] ha ha ha

but it does request no swearing and no illegal stuff, and grav, you do seem, for some strange reason you like to talk about blatently illegal things in a public forum.

later

Owen

"[10:26] The lack of games has finally got to me

[10:26] I'm buying a 6600 then putting ngage games on it"

Guest Paul [MVP]

As Mono said, to clarify, Nedge's script in the FreeNode channel was in no way officially sanctioned, so take it up with nedge! ;-)

Official MoDaCo chat HAS now returned tho... see post in 'News'!

P

Guest gravity

Take note that playing n-gage games on a 6600 is not illegal, it's about as illegal as decerting your SPV to run uncertified software.

Guest spacemonkey

"bitch" a female dog. As in "I'd like to breed my bitch with your pitbull"

"bitch" an undesirable woman. As in "What a bitch, I just used my best line and she slapped me"

"bitch" the office dogs body. As in "What do I look like? Admin bitch?"

"bitching" the act of maoning on and on about something (performed by either sex). As in "Stop bitching about it, I'll get it done after the football"

"bitchin" cool. As in "That's a bitchin hat man"

Guest meatgrinder

hehehehe, i was an op in that channel too! :D

banned me for saying telling someone to stop "bithcing" and do something, lol

had to un-ban myself cos nedge2k was asleep!! :P

Dave

Guest gravity

I was under the impression that the 6600 itself was cracked to run N-Gage games, and as I recall it, N-Gage games only work with the MMC card they come on. This way the developer gets their share of the money, and I get to give more money to Nokia(since they've had to subsidise the cost of an N-Gage to compete), and I don't have to hold a taco to my head to make a call.

Guest midnight

as far as i'm aware, only cracked games run on the 6600, this is because the games check the device thats attempting to run the game so that part of the code has to be modified (aswell as copy protection removed)

so yes, it is illegal

Guest midnight

still doesnt get around the fact that copying copyrighted games is illegal, and yes, nokia is actually VERY upset that its been cracked, they wanna make a go of a game deck :P

Guest meatgrinder

weeeelllll, the first batch of ngage games run on (i think) all the series 60 fones, including hte siemens sxi :P.

nokia learnt from this foolishness, and introduced some real copy protection.

so yes, you can use certain ngage games (without any cracks) on all series 60 phones, althought none of the new games work, and only the first "batch" of the original games will do this.

Dave

Guest Pondrew
weeeelllll, the first batch of ngage games run on (i think) all the series 60 fones, including hte siemens sxi :P.

nokia learnt from this foolishness, and introduced some real copy protection.

so yes, you can use certain ngage games (without any cracks) on all series 60 phones, althought none of the new games work, and only the first "batch" of the original games will do this.

Dave

Interesting stuff Meatgrinder. Didn't know that...

Guest beersoft

well, i stand by my hidden agenda

but as IRC is all back to normal you can get back to your normal method of arguing with midnight and waffling on about "my phone sucks and the P910 i had was better, had better games and i could get more warez for it" and then getting kicked by one him or one of the other frendly mods :P

later

Owen

"cynical? me? some of the time"

Guest gravity

I never said the P910 is better, I'm was only arguing about it with Midnight because he said it didn't look very comfortable to use(same way he argues with me about the Neonode). And as far as I know there's just as much smartphone warez as there is for other platforms, the issue was actually more about the lack of titles for smartphone. Thats really annoying when you know you got a powerful device but no one is even close to using it to it's full potential.

On another note, I am still the kickass'est Trivia player in the Smartphone realm. Yes Meatgrinder it isn't you.

more people should go on Modacos IRC it can be well funny, esp when beery is drunk :-D

oh and my 2p worth, bitchin isnt a swear word and why would you want to play NGage games anyway nevermind talk about it in a Windows Smartphone chat room :roll:

Guest gravity

I dunno, maybe because experienced developers( John Romero for one) develop for it. They get paid big money to develop for it, the end product is something that pushes the N-Gage hardware to the nth degree.

Dave you going down.

Guest gravity

We have to remember that Daikatana was pushing the limits of 3D back in 1997, only because they delayed the game 3 years was it such a failure. He might not be John Carmack, but you don't have to be when you're developing for the N-Gage.

And is it just me or is the Game Cube a major failure compared to the competition. Yes the titles do make the system and not the other way around. GC has the best technology, but Nintendo don't know how to handle developers and it's come back to bite them in the ass time and time again.

Very similar situtation with smartphones.