SMS ringtone

Guest net_lanun

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

You mean if you read the message before the tone has finished it's first playback?

If its long enough to continue playing after you've picked up the handset and opened the message then it's probably too long! :P

• 1 year later...
Guest NotoriousBGC

no, it's not fixed. even with the latest rom (3.51)

and it's sad that a simple bug cannot be fixed. and worse, arrogant people seem to think it's a user problem of using long ringtones.

Guest Disco Stu

Now now, I don't think it is arrogance.

Since it would need extra code to stop the ringtone file, which is taking up precious kbs with its unnecessary length, I think it is clearly a good idea to trim your files before installing them :)

Guest NotoriousBGC

i can understand there is more than 1 way to solve a problem. however, this is a simple issue that we don't even worry on a basic phone. what's a small piece of code added into a thousand lines of code? we can create sophisticated applications and not fix something fundamental?

why do we have to restrict ourselves with a phone that is suppose to have extended limitations and features a phone can have?

there are reasons why people want extended ringtones in their sms and to even question that, we might as well ask why bother buying a smartphone, especially a windows smartphone.

Guest nvkid909

*bump*

i also would be pleased if this gets fixed in future, like on "normal" phones.

lol, i dunno, they lured us with mp3 ringtones, it's great to hear music announcing a call or message when you're in another room.

for calls you can have a whole concert (if you've enough memory!) 'cos answering stops it ringing.

the thing with spv is, because opening a message does NOT cancel the tone, it's hard to make a selection for it. too short & you might not notice it (might be important). too long, & it's annoying if you're on a bus or something. might have read the message already before it finishes. i want it to stop when i've opened it!

best thing for messages is to google up some free loops, not too short or long. also if you have regedit try extending the vibration value (if the profile you're on is using sound & vibrate)

oh & just to be a pain, why no mp3 on alarms? i'd love to hear something other than midi or wav (too big) in the morning (i know i know, i am being picky...!)