1582 replies to this topic

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
We meant to be able to read that xAix?! :?

lafester

lafester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

BitBank: I think you should go the way of other emulator writers (trying my best to not mention any other emulators) such as Nocash, who does impose time limits on his emulators, but doesn't ask for real payments to unlock them-- he asks for donations. Also, people who dont have credit cards or PayPal won't be able to enjoy this...

here you go

Coolbox

Coolbox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Taking pictures, computers, programming, traveling, music
  • Devices:T-mobile 575 sda
Sounds good with a new nes emulator if it runs as perfect as smargear. As I said earlier I would pay for the software if it is very good and I think smartgear is. :P

1. SPVclassic :-|
2. mpx200 :-)
3. TCL Genesee smartphone :-(
4. T-mobile 575 sda ;-)

agent.m

agent.m

Vario fanatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:hip hop, mobiles, dj/producing,gaming
  • Devices:MDA Compact V aka Diamond 2
a master system emulator would be cool as well.Posted from my SmartPhone!

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
agent.m,
The code in SmartGear already emulates the MasterSystem perfectly. The problem is the screen size. Shrinking the MS games to be viewable on the phone will make them look kind of crappy. Mostly the same titles are available for GG and MS, so I figured there is no need to do MS and have to shrink the image. Opinions? Are there unique MS games that make it worth seeing a shrunken image?

L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

wdehaas

wdehaas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
High thnx for this new effort to emulate a console. This is the first time sound work great on a decent speed. Only problem I got is that the gameboy color game are not working. It only shows a black screen. Can u tell me what I do wrong?

agent.m

agent.m

Vario fanatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

agent.m,
The code in SmartGear already emulates the MasterSystem perfectly.  The problem is the screen size.  Shrinking the MS games to be viewable on the phone will make them look kind of crappy.  Mostly the same titles are available for GG and MS, so I figured there is no need to do MS and have to shrink the image.  Opinions? Are there unique MS games that make it worth seeing a shrunken image?

L.B.

yeah! Ill let you know in through the proper channels. But I bet most people can guess :wink:

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
You'll have to excuse me for a couple of days (traveling tomorrow). I will add screen shrink for the MasterSystem code and try to toss the NES in there as well. Check back on Monday.

Larry B.

xAix

xAix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
eep, sorry for the small text last time-- just messing around with the switches. But seriously, BitBank made a heck of an effort with this one; even adding NES support. I wonder if he could just toss in a Spectrum/a2600 emu so we won't be needing any more clutter programs-- an all in one package! Oh, yeah-- where do we report bugs? I noticed that the keypad sound turns back to "Tone" (I had it on silent) when I run the Emu...

Thanks, Nintendo Power. You f***king ruined this kid's life.

xAix

xAix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
And another question--- what iNES mappers will your NES emulator support? Will it be based on any emu engines (i.e. loopy's)?

Thanks, Nintendo Power. You f***king ruined this kid's life.

gravity

gravity

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
If I were you I wouldn't include any gameboy emulator in that package. Nintendo have been known to crack down on commercial gameboy emulators thanks to their recent patent. They obviously won't win in court, but they will drag out the legal battle until you're bankrupt. GG/MS emulators sound great though.

amoali2

amoali2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hello
please give the address for gameboy color (for game download).
thanks thanks thanks.

siu99spj

siu99spj

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:You REALLY want to know if I'm mad?
amoali2 - You're not allowed to ask for commericial ROMs on this site.

However, you can get Public Domain Roms from here: http://www.pdroms.de...Gameboy / Color

I've visited all corners of the world. What they forgot to tell me was that the world's a sphere

amoali2

amoali2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
mr siu99spj thanks very very well .

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
I've done some work on GameBoy performance and placed the new code in the same spot:

http://www.bitbankso...s/smartgear.zip

The new code should run everything at full speed on a 132Mhz ARM. Please let me know of any games which do not work properly or run too slowly (clicking noise).

The MasterGear and NES shrunken mode are coming next...

Send comments to [email protected]

thenet

thenet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Wow! I can run gameboy color game on full speed (mpx200). Faster than gnuboy. And when you sell ? and how much ?

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Thenet,
If all goes well, hopefully I can begin selling this product by the end of the month. The reason for the name "SmartGear" is because I am working on a partnership with MorphGear. We are planning on redoing many of his emulators and dramatically lowering the prices. The goal is to have a SmartPhone, Pocket PC and Desktop PC version of everything available. Not sure if we are going to sell all the platforms together or separately, but certainly the price will be significantly reduced. It will take lots of time to integrate everything, but the SmartGear product should be the first to be ready.

Larry B.

agent.m

agent.m

Vario fanatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
morphgear was an emu i was talking about a few months ago. it would be cool :wink:

Coolbox

Coolbox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Taking pictures, computers, programming, traveling, music
  • Devices:T-mobile 575 sda
would it be possible to buy af version now with no time limit with the rights to download the final version when you release it?
Please :P
I cant play the games with the other emulators so I cant wait to use smartgear.... :D

1. SPVclassic :-|
2. mpx200 :-)
3. TCL Genesee smartphone :-(
4. T-mobile 575 sda ;-)

RAVENMAD

RAVENMAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I'd like to buy a copy of it now as well best emulator if seen...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users