Coolbox

Coolbox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Taking pictures, computers, programming, traveling, music
  • Devices:T-mobile 575 sda
How sure can we be that you will finish it and if you find out that you don't...will you then release a non-finished version?

I really looked forward to this and I am ready to pay reasonable money for it...I can transfer them to you account or what you like........I even know more people (not in this forum) that are interested in it and they will also pay for it.

1. SPVclassic :-|
2. mpx200 :-)
3. TCL Genesee smartphone :-(
4. T-mobile 575 sda ;-)

xAix

xAix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I was wondering if anyone else had their saved files (*.SAV) reset (erased) when you use the reset function of the emulator...I was wondering if anyone else had their saved files (*.SAV) reset (erased) when you use the reset function of the emulator...

Thanks, Nintendo Power. You f***king ruined this kid's life.

De-GeXte

De-GeXte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Phone: SPV E200

I'm not sure why the backlight is dimming.  I added code which works on the Pocket PC and keeps the device from suspending by pressing a "fake" keypress every few seconds.  Apparently your phone needs to detect the real thing.  Which phone are you using?  I will need to research more about this.  On my MPx200 my technique seems to work fine.

Using Orange SPV E200 , dunno if you still want to run the research after telling us that you cancel the project. :)

The reasons I need to put this project on hold have to do with the companies I am working with and am about to work with.  I can't go into more details and I can't leave working copies lying around.

To bad you have to cancel project for the moment, I was realy looking forward to it :P
Do you have any idea when you might continue the project again?

Wisdom is to speak only when you can improve silence

PrettyUgly

PrettyUgly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
stopping the project?? i understand, i am a programming major. most companies that hire you have you sign a contract that releases the rights to every piece of code you write. dont know if you ran into that situation, but thats what it sounds like.

can you at least release the code or make it freeware, or something since we cant buy it now?? i NEED this.

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
The problem is not the rights to the code. I am self-employed and own everything in this project. The problem is that I am now working with the game companies on commercial projects.

This code will find its way into a retail product for SmartPhone some day, but I'm not sure when.

I'll be showing it off at the HP Mobility Roadshow next week in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe I can convince someone from Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T that it is worth licensing the game titles.

L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

sgannon

sgannon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:C500
Yawn. Another timewaster that promises the earth and delivers nothing. What is it with Smartphone developers? :?

_Drake_

_Drake_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

This code will find its way into a retail product for SmartPhone some day, but I'm not sure when.

You mean it wil never be used..
In the end it's just about getting a fat wallet :evil:

PrettyUgly

PrettyUgly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

The problem is not the rights to the code.  I am self-employed and own everything in this project.  The problem is that I am now working with the game companies on commercial projects.

I'll be showing it off at the HP Mobility Roadshow next week in Fort Lauderdale.  Maybe I can convince someone from Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T that it is worth licensing the game titles.

L.B.

nintendo is pretty strict when it comes to emulators and such. do you think its going to fly?? im just trying to purchase this thing now, then you can do whatever the hell you want with it

PrettyUgly

PrettyUgly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Yawn. Another timewaster that promises the earth and delivers nothing. What is it with Smartphone developers?  :?

i know, this emulator puts me on a high 2 mins at a time!! i dont think the man knows that when you become a programmer for a company, your work becomes theirs. and when you quit, your work is still theres!! i wish he would just release the damn emulator to us, oh and fix the sega master system screen

unclelimey

unclelimey

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Devices:white iPhone, white htc touch
money grabber

take a leaf out of roozbehs book :x

RichieRich

RichieRich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hey!!!!

Now I was also one of the many people who was blown away by this app, and I have to admit, I too am a little disappointed that Bitbank will not be completing this app for us anytime soon.

But aren't you guys being a little harsh??? After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free. Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain??? [-X

Bitbank, I personally wanna say cheers, and I look forward to any future software developed by your clever self (free or otherwise!!)

Anywho, im off to finish playing Streetfighter Alpha on my smartphone.....

Richie Rich :)

PrettyUgly

PrettyUgly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hey!!!!

Now I was also one of the many people who was blown away by this app, and I have to admit, I too am a little disappointed that Bitbank will not be completing this app for us anytime soon.  

But aren't you guys being a little harsh???  After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free.  Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain???   [-X  

Bitbank, I personally wanna say cheers, and I look forward to any future software developed by your clever self (free or otherwise!!)

Richie Rich   :)

i just want to know how to register and pay for the damn thing

agent.m

agent.m

Vario fanatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:hip hop, mobiles, dj/producing,gaming
  • Devices:MDA Compact V aka Diamond 2

Hey!!!!

But aren't you guys being a little harsh???  After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free.  Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain???   [-X  

Richie Rich   :P

I second that :)

The PocketTV Team

The PocketTV Team

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Oh and an option to change the sound volume would be nice too. Because the earpiece volume buttons dont seem to work while playing a game. Also could you make this volume control earpiece independent. (sorry dunno how to say in correct english :) ). I mean like pocketTV does. The program got a volume control of itself. The earpiece volume doesnt get changed when you change the volume of the program.

Actually what PocketTV does is that it restores the Volume like it was when it was activated.

So it feels like PocketTV has its own Volume, but in fact it is just an illusion!

I personally think that all applications should do that, because applications should never change the earpiece volume used for phone conversations. This earpiece volume should only be changed by using the standard Volume control when in the Home screen or in a phone call.

djfuego

djfuego

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Devices:SPV M700
Wow this is a bit like the emulator version of Betaplayer. Speed is amazing. And I can get sound to work on some games without any 'tearing' On my E100!! :shock: . Planning on a C64 EMU? Pretty please. :)

Peace out!

Phone History

SPVE100 > SPVC500 > SPVM500
My Software

mugenakuma

mugenakuma

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
I cant believe this emu is finished :)

I would be happy to pay just to register the unfinished version.

Hey bitbank is there anyway you could at least work that out? I am sure many people here would be happy with that.

djfuego

djfuego

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Devices:SPV M700
Keep up the good work Bitbank. Money is the name of the game and I'll be waiting with an open wallet when you do release this one. Software this good deserves to be paid for.

Who else has coded an emulator with this level of sound and speed?
No one.

All it needs now is GameBoy Colour support

All these people that are moaning about Devs money grabbing don't understand what your time is worth?
Anyone that's interested in taking up the EMU challenge

Peace out!

Phone History

SPVE100 > SPVC500 > SPVM500
My Software

diablist

diablist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
HI!!
Sorry for my question. But can i download working version? Because it's tell me "Demo version is expired"!!!

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Nine Inch Nails
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610
  • Twitter:@ninjaw
nowhere but in warez

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
This project is not dead; it's just gone into hiding. I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with it, but I'm still working on it. I've made some tremendous speed gains in all of my emulators by writing them in ARM assembly language. I've also added preliminary support for PC-Engine/TG16 and SNES. So far, here's the status of the emulators

MasterSystem/GG - Nearly perfect (maybe 3 out of 1000 games don't work)
GameBoy/GameBoy Color - Nearly perfect (maybe 10 out of 1000 games don't work)
NES - Very good (probably 80+% of the games work well - missing some mappers)
Genesis - Nearly perfect (maybe 10 out of 1200 games don't work)
SNES - not ready for prime time
PC-Engine/TG16 - most games run well, needs some improvement to sound

My PCE/TG16 code is still 100% C and it's 3X faster than the PPC version of HuGo. Once I write it in ARM asm it should run at full speed on even 100Mhz devices.

The NES code is unbelievably fast. It could probably run full speed on a 66Mhz SmartPhone/PPC.

I've been more actively working on this lately, so I'll try to pop in the forums once in a while and let you know the status. When I have something reasonably functional I'll put up a test image here for you guys to try. I'll have to stick to 30-day timeouts until I can decide what to do with it.

L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users