• Please log in to reply
1582 replies to this topic

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Yea, I'm waiting too.. Seems that Larry is very busy at the moment.. that's OK I guess

Meanwhile I solved the problem for me - I use GamePro driver for HD2, works very well, but sucks battery fast in combination with smartgear. I would be lucky if there is native support for widcomm bluetooth..

I am sorry about the delays in releasing new builds. I have been super busy with work and personal stuff lately. In the old days, I was my own boss and worked on SmartGear when I felt like it. Now I work for a big company and have a tiny bit of free time (sometimes) in the evenings and weekends. There are no big plans for this weekend, so let's see what I can get done :)
L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, you can resolve the problem with the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 slowdown, as we have previously discussed. Looking forward to helping out with more testing! :)

TripFX

TripFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with wires.
  • Devices:TMobile Dash
thats why i said either new beta soon or just a progress report so we know.

virganda

virganda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q9h
Yeah... im waited new update for the new smartgear for my Motorola Q9h... When I try the Smartgear v2xx, it freeze when I try to setup keymap for the games... I didnt get this error when try smartgear v1xx version...
So please fix this bug dude... n I waiting for SNES emu in SmartGear :)

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Any updates to SmartGear? It's been a few months since we've gotten any new betas to test. We are eager to see if you have been able to resolve the Genesis ROM slowdown with Might and Magic 2, as we have discussed at length in the past.

Thanks!

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Hi Larry,

Any updates to SmartGear? It's been a few months since we've gotten any new betas to test. We are eager to see if you have been able to resolve the Genesis ROM slowdown with Might and Magic 2, as we have discussed at length in the past.

Thanks!

Thanks for the ping. This weekend I was working on fixing some issues with bluetooth connectivity to BGP100 & Zeemote and fixed a bug in my Z80. I'm not sure I will get to fix all of the games with issues, but I would like to finalize version 2.0 and the things holding it back are BT connectivity and touchscreen which shouldn't take long to wrap up.
L.B.

P.S. I am starting to play with Android development. Nothing worth showing yet, but it looks like SmartGear could do well as an Android app.

Edited by bitbank, 22 November 2010 - 09:54 PM.

jonsmodaco

jonsmodaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Thanks for the update Larry, good to hear about the Android build - I don't own a handset at the moment but know it will be next one so I'd like to carry on playing games on the go.

I was wondering if you had time to look at a bug with Smartgear (the beta) - I'm trying to play the MegaDrive version of Another World/Out of this World and the screen stays black. Yet exiting the game gives a valid screengrab in Smartgear's preview window of last played games, but returning to the game and hitting start exits the game. I've tried different Roms, any ideas?

Thanks.

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Thanks for the update Larry, good to hear about the Android build - I don't own a handset at the moment but know it will be next one so I'd like to carry on playing games on the go.

I was wondering if you had time to look at a bug with Smartgear (the beta) - I'm trying to play the MegaDrive version of Another World/Out of this World and the screen stays black. Yet exiting the game gives a valid screengrab in Smartgear's preview window of last played games, but returning to the game and hitting start exits the game. I've tried different Roms, any ideas?

Thanks.

I tried "Another World" and saw it hang with a black screen. The bug is in video status code which didn't return a valid hblank bit. I made a change and now it appears to work. I'm not sure about the screen capture, but the game is no longer stuck. I'll include this fix in a release soon...

L.B.

jonsmodaco

jonsmodaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Great, thanks, I didn't expect such a quick fix.

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Any chance we might see the final version of SmartGear 2.0 before the New Year, or should we be expecting it afterwards? We look forward to trying out the new version!

Thanks!

BMN1

BMN1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, i have a few feature request for smartgear:
- fast forward support (skip n frames)
- fix rewind support (it seems a bit buggy)
- custom GB mono palette support
- option for always show current FPS

banshi

banshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Super Mario Bro seems to run a bit fast on the PC version is this correctable? I tried the f11 throttle feature and it ran really fast throttled up.

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Super Mario Bro seems to run a bit fast on the PC version is this correctable? I tried the f11 throttle feature and it ran really fast throttled up.

Which version (NES? GBC?)
L.B.

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

P.S. I am starting to play with Android development. Nothing worth showing yet, but it looks like SmartGear could do well as an Android app.

Havnt checked this forum in sometime but saw this message about Android. Thats good news. There a thread regarding that to watch?

Edited by tgwaste, 10 January 2011 - 03:55 AM.

tgwaste - iphone5 - droidx

bidul91

bidul91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HD mini
Hello,

I can't connect to http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/ it seems that the domain name doesn't exist any more.
Is there an other place to download smartgear.zip ?

thank you

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
<w.r.t Android>
Yes, I've got SmartGear nearly fully functional on Android. NES support is currently broken (probably because of the GCC compiler), but otherwise it works well. It needs lots of work on the GUI and I need to make use of OpenGL (I'm currently using canvas.drawBitmap()). No webpage setup yet because I'm not sure where the project is going, but I'll release a beta when it's a bit more functional.

<w.r.t. broken website>
Sorry about my website going down. I'm switching domain name registrars and I let the old one expire. It will be back in a few days. In the mean time, the site still exists at its "real" home -> www.hive.speedhost.com

Larry B.

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Glad to see you're working on an Android version of SmartGear, but what about the Windows Mobile version? We are still eagerly looking forward to a final of version 2.00 (with the fix for the Genesis audio issue, which we've discussed at length last year). When do you think we can expect 2.00 final?

Thanks!

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

<w.r.t Android>
Yes, I've got SmartGear nearly fully functional on Android. NES support is currently broken (probably because of the GCC compiler), but otherwise it works well. It needs lots of work on the GUI and I need to make use of OpenGL (I'm currently using canvas.drawBitmap()). No webpage setup yet because I'm not sure where the project is going, but I'll release a beta when it's a bit more functional.

Larry B.

Very nice, hit me up ([email protected]) if you need a beta tester. Im on D2.

Edited by tgwaste, 13 January 2011 - 06:22 AM.

tgwaste - iphone5 - droidx

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Any updates with getting SmartGear 2.0 finalized for Windows Mobile?

Thanks!

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Any update on releasing SmartGear version 2.0 final for WM? It's been a few months since we've even had any betas to test.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users