still hoping for WM new update.......... :D B) ;) :D :D :( :( <_< <_<

ScreamingFalcon

ScreamingFalcon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:HTC Ozone
Hey Larry!!! Nice to see you back from the dead! I would like to hear about a possible finalized version for smartphone soon as well!!!

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Larry,
Any word on the Android Version?

tgwaste - iphone5 - droidx

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Larry,
Any word on the Android Version?

Hi tgwaste,
I have a half-baked version running on Android that mostly works. I haven't touched it in a while because I'm buried under so much other work. I would really like to have time to finish it, but there's a long line of higher priority work sitting in front of it. I don't want to give false hope, so as of today, its chances of seeing the light of day are slim. In the old days I worked for myself and could spend as much time as I liked on "hobby" projects. I now work a full-time job and have basically 0 free time :mellow:.

L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Hi tgwaste,
I have a half-baked version running on Android that mostly works. I haven't touched it in a while because I'm buried under so much other work. I would really like to have time to finish it, but there's a long line of higher priority work sitting in front of it. I don't want to give false hope, so as of today, its chances of seeing the light of day are slim. In the old days I worked for myself and could spend as much time as I liked on "hobby" projects. I now work a full-time job and have basically 0 free time :mellow:.

L.B.

Hi Larry,

Any chance that we might see the WM version of SmartGear 2.0 Final in the near future?? It seems you are far more closer to finishing that than the Android version...

Thanks!

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Hi tgwaste,

L.B.

damn, thats a shame :o

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

damn, thats a shame :)

All hope is not lost :unsure:

I just picked up an iControlPad and am adding support for it to SmartGear. It's a fun toy and worth supporting, so I will make an effort to clean up this build and release it to the public. No promises as to the date of release, but I've got it running and now need to tweak it a little.

L.B.

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

All hope is not lost :unsure:

I just picked up an iControlPad and am adding support for it to SmartGear. It's a fun toy and worth supporting, so I will make an effort to clean up this build and release it to the public. No promises as to the date of release, but I've got it running and now need to tweak it a little.

L.B.

Isnt that for iPhone?

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Isnt that for iPhone?

Not any more. Check out www.icontrolpad.com.

The new hardware uses bluetooth communications and supports SPP (serial) mode as well as HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad mode. It's a bit pricey ($86 shipped for just the controller and no "clamps"), but it has lots of potential because the controls are quite good, and it should just work with any phone with bluetooth. It has less lag than the BGP100, but feels a tiny bit slower than the Zeemote.

L.B.

jonsmodaco

jonsmodaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2

Nifty but pricey, think I'll stick to my PS3 controller and Cobalt Controller - the Touch Pro 2's keyboard makes a brilliant keypad thanks to Smartgear's customisations (as long as I can remember which key you set to which button).

By the way, Elite on the NES won't work properly in the beta, the screen flickers. I realise Smartgear is a low priority these days but any chance of a fix as I'd love to play it on the go. Thanks.

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

The new hardware uses bluetooth communications and supports SPP (serial) mode as well as HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad mode. It's a bit pricey ($86 shipped for just the controller and no "clamps"), but it has lots of potential because the controls are quite good, and it should just work with any phone with bluetooth. It has less lag than the BGP100, but feels a tiny bit slower than the Zeemote.

L.B.

Wow that looks pretty cool. I still think this would had been the coolest thing ever:

http://www.kickstart...ad-for-your-pho

To bad itll never see the light of day. :P

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Wow that looks pretty cool. I still think this would had been the coolest thing ever:

http://www.kickstart...ad-for-your-pho

To bad itll never see the light of day. :P

The game-gripper looks like a good idea as well. It would be equally good if the manufacturer of the Zeemote offered other form factors. It has good bluetooth speed and battery life, but the shape of it hurts my hands :rolleyes:.
L.B.

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Update - The iControlpad works well on both Microsoft and Widcomm bluetooth stacks. I tested it on an old HP 2210 Pocket PC and it works flawlessly.

As soon as I verify that I didn't break any games, I'll post a beta for everyone to try.
L.B.

Edited by bitbank, 19 May 2011 - 05:00 AM.

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Update - The iControlpad works well on both Microsoft and Widcomm bluetooth stacks. I tested it on an old HP 2210 Pocket PC and it works flawlessly.

As soon as I verify that I didn't break any games, I'll post a beta for everyone to try.
L.B.

for android or winmo?

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

for android or winmo?

It will be for WinMo for now. The Android version is still in pretty bad shape. I'm able to reproduce the flicker problem in "Elite". I'll see if I can correct it.
L.B.

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Will your latest beta for SmartGear contain the fix that you put in sometime in early 2010 that resolved the scratching audio issue with the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 running on the Qualcomm MSM7201 chipsets? Unfortunately, the subsequent builds saw the reintroduction of this scratching audio issue. Would you be able to devote some time to finally resolving this audio issue with that one particular ROM?

Thanks!

tgwaste

tgwaste

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

It will be for WinMo for now. The Android version is still in pretty bad shape. I'm able to reproduce the flicker problem in "Elite". I'll see if I can correct it.
L.B.

I mean if for nothing else then to see it run on this baby:

http://www.droid-lif...may-26-for-199/

:P

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Any updates to the development of SmartGear 2.0? It has been more than a year since the last beta was released. :)

Thanks!

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

I went back to my archived versions of SmartGear, and discovered that 2.0.5 was the last version of SmartGear that did *not* lock in the Stereo and 16-bits audio settings when playing Genesis ROMs. Unfortunately, 2.0.5 only works on my phone if I set the year back to 2009, since the demo version expired. It appears that not locking in these two audio options allows me to successfully play Might and Magic 2 on my unlocked Palm Treo Pro phone, running on the Qualcomm MSM7200a chipset without any audio issues. My phone runs at 400MHz, and having the Stereo and 16-bits audio settings on just slows down the audio painfully.

Is there a way you can provide us with a non-expiring version of 2.0.5? Either that, or perhaps release a slight update to 2.0.18 which does *not* lock the Stereo and 16-bits audio settings for Genesis ROMs?

Thanks!

jonsmodaco

jonsmodaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Any update...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users