E200 ROM released on Orange UK!

Guest shardy

Guest Kallisti

FWIW, for all those with locking up or crashing phones, have you considered NOT installing a host of software, tweaks and hacks. Although there are some seroius shortcomings in many areas of the phone, these are not bugs that come with MS's delivery of it.

Anyway, here's hoping that I can now use a bluetooth headset in the office, and still use my bluetooth car kit! Maybe they've even tried to make it possible for the car kit to do all the things most other phones can!?

Guest Boboga

Not new, on my dutch (latest) e200 rom they are in there also. :P

[screen]

BT Serial Port Setup

Inbound COM Port:

COM6

Outbound COM Portt:

COM7

Please press Done soft key to setup.

[/screen]

Guest Jules1974

Anyone know if i install this update to the rom, will i have to pay another £20 to get it unlocked? :roll: . Or if it does re-network lock your phone can i use the same file to unlock it.

This is very important as im not updating otherwise!.

Cheers

Julian

Guest monty1

Hi ,

Does anybody know if you have to install the first upgrade before running this one . Also can anybody comment on the SD card lock up issue under the new rom . I didn't apply the last upgrade because of this .

Guest atonks

You don't have to apply the first upgrade before this one.

So far :!: my E200 hasn't locked up with this ROM, and it hasn't lost the SD card, yet, but it's early days

Guest Pondrew
Hi ,

Does anybody know if you have to install the first upgrade before running this one.

Dude, that's one of the few questions Orange managed to come up with in the FAQ section. As Atonks pointed out it's not needed but includes much of the previous update. Question is does it have the same bugs...

Guest monty1

Pondrew, atonks

Thanks Guys for the response ,

like the last time I will probably wait another 20 or so pages before deciding . very interested in the whether it actually fixes the SD card issue for good . Also whether it offers better battery life my only real gripe with the original ROM :shock:

Guest Jules1974

Im going to apply the upgrade tonight, is there anything i should do before this ie backup wise, and how do i go about it?.

Also, if this fixes the sd non-writeable issue i will be well **ssed off!!!, i just bought a new sandisk sd card to sort that out!...

Cheers

Jules

Guest ajb3000

Make sure you phone is fully charged before applying the update (this is important as it will improve the phones battery life after the update has been applied), and backup everything you need to keep as EVERYTHING on the phone will be deleted. While you can leave stuff on the SD card, I like to take mine out just in case, but it's supposedly safe to leave it in.

Guest zerosignull

"Hi all, anybody upgraded and had to re SIM Unlock their phone?"

Nope. i upgraded and it was still sim unlocked. had to app unlock it again though.

Guest carlosp_uk

Hi, has anyone successfully app unlocked their SPV E200 after this update?

I've been to the OTA site several times, it says my phone's unlocked, but then the e200 doesn't make the data call and unlock.

HELP!

Guest bx16v
FWIW, for all those with locking up or crashing phones, have you considered NOT installing a host of software, Tweaks and hacks. Although there are some seroius shortcomings in many areas of the phone, these are not bugs that come with MS's delivery of it. 

I hear ya, first thing i did was run it without anything, or just smart explorer, i even removed a few things :P The phones made it throguh a day without crashing, which is cool, i did reboot it once this afternoon as it wouldnt sync. It hasnt caught fire, eaten the cat or abused goats, so its certainly no worse, and its still unlocked from its orignal unlocking, so rock on. :shock:

Guest AlexP

I'm having problems with going back to cleartype font after upgrading to the new rom, i've cabbed it as mention earlier in ths thread and ran it from my phone, it say's that it's installed OK but the font hasn't changed at all and i can't find anywhere to enable the cleartype font.

Guest AlexP

Thanks, it works a treat. For anyone else who wishes to enable cleartype then download the cab file and copy it to storagewindowsstartmenuaccessories

and then run that cab file from the phone and it should install.

Guest bluemeat

I got my cleartype back with Shell-Orange in the end. Why on earth did they get rid of it in this version?

I see there's still no undo feature in solitaire :P

And the screen still lights up between songs in WMP which is a complete waste of battery when WMP is background playing.

Although I did notice the screen goes a little dimmer after a couple of seconds of no keypresses. Anyone know if that was in the last version?

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Although I did notice the screen goes a little dimmer after a couple of seconds of no keypresses. Anyone know if that was in the last version?

Yeah I have a SPV3 with original ROM (1.1.1.4 I believe) and it dims after I think 5 seconds, before going out totally at 10 seconds.

Guest CaptainZok

The upgrade seems to cure the prob with the M3000 headset switching itself off a minute or so into a call, or at least it ain't done it so far so fingers crossed its fixed. :P