Author :: Ndev

Category :: TV / Movies

Description ::

Features

.Cab installer

Comments

I've customised most of the shots...

Hi guys,

The blue futurama skin I've reconstructed from Blade's skin version is finished, cabbed, and ready for your enjoyment.

Blade was kind enough to re-edit and supply the windows media player skin from his version for this one, it goes perfectly...

Please remember to reboot the phone after installation, even though it looks like its all there, it won't be... must reboot for the lot to work.

Thanks and enjoy,

Ndev

PS: With blades help, I'll be posting the self installing version soon, for the new guys out there...

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 2:35 pm

View File

Umm... Is anyone liking my first attempt at a skin or what? :P

Guess I'm gonna have to try harder next time.... :wink:

I'm actually working on another skin that I think you guys might be pleased with... its going to be on one of my alltime favorite playstation 2 game Soul Calibur 2. (I don't even own a console, but this game rox)

Look out for it guys, I will not dissapoint this time, I promise :D

Anywayz, does anyone have any comments on my Futurama skin?

Cheers,

Ndev

Guest jim.mason

:P Great rework Ndev. The colours are much better now. 8)

:? One problem i have encountered is in file explorer the selected text is red, the unselected text is white and the background is sort of white which makes it damn hard to read/find anything unless you select it first. :?

Anyone else come across this.

Look forward to seeing other skins when you release them :!:

Jim.

Thanks Jim,

I'll make sure to look into it, and have it fixed...

The new skin with Soul Calibur 2 will come in about a day or 2.... I think it's turning out pretty well thus far... so be sure to keep an eye out for it...

Cheers,

Ndev

Ok, not sure how that XML file got in to that cab, but just in case that was the case, here is an updated XML file for download.

Just extract the zip and paste the file "Futurama_1.2.home.xml" over the old one in:

StorageApplication DataHome on your phone.

Then go to settingshomescreen

change to any other skin, doesnt matter which one

and then change back to futurama.

All done...

Sorry about that...

Ndev

Futurama_1.2.home-xml-fix.zip

Guest serialkillazzs

any chance blade and u could shows us how ya made this skin and what programs u used, never made a skin myself so would love to see how its done. personally think futurama one is the best one out there

The original orange futurama skin was done by blade, but this one is my pride and joy :P

Blade has helped me with the XML part, and the .Cab file part..

however the graphics I've done... edited it and stuff...

To make something like that... you need a good number of futurama episodes :D ... and program that captures a frame from the video .. ie: powerdvd or something like that... and photoshop to edit the photos..

Just takes a bit of imagination, and LOTS of patience :!: :wink:

Guest lukeap69

Nice work NDEV.

I like the whole thing except the home screen. The color blue for me is quite weak compared to the program, etc. and the MRU portion does not compliment the beauty of your work.

I like it though and I am using it now.

Good work.

Keep it up!!!

Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it....

I can't please everyody all the time, with so many graphics ive chucked in there, its hard for someone to love everything...

But if you are using it, (or was using it until now) and enjoyed having it on there, im glad to know that someone appreciated my hard work...

Thanks for the encouragement..

Ndev

Guest Dr Who

Yeah the Futurama Blue looks better on the E200 than Blades skin!!!! High praise indeed. Still like Blades skin on the E100 though. Must be the matching keypad LED's or something.

Good work fella

C

Guest RAVENMAD

I'd love to have this on my phone. But cant get the cab file to install on my phone can you post the non cab files for me to just paste in.

Many Many Thanks if you can this look like one of the iv seen.

Thanks guys...

Yeah, I have the I-mate phone which has the blue keypad... matches well :)

As for posting all the pics, that wouldnt necessarily be a problem dude, its just that it would take a while to explain where all the files should go and how to get it all working...

If you still want the individual pics, pm me and I'll send em to ya

Cheers,

Ndev

Guest stevo_knuckles

I don't normally go for the lighter side of life (only description I could think of) home screens and tend to stick to the more serious looking ones but I have to admit I'm liking this one a lot. Looks good on the phone and makes a very nice change.

Good theme Ndev thanks very much.

Thanks very much guys... I appreciate your compliments, makes skinning worth while... :)

fletcher, I think blade is working on a kick ass Family guy skin, dont know when he'll be done, but im sure it wont be long.

There are a few simpsons skins floating around, and Im not sure if people would bother downloading my version if i made one... Dont get me wrong, i love the simpsons, more than probably 90% of the shows on tv...

As for red being the new blue... well, you know what they say.. beauty is in the of the beholder.... red is definitley a beautiful color that suits many things... Sports Cars, Lips on a sexy chick, etc... however my opinion is that if there was a lot of red in the skin colors, it would be an eye sore.. but hey, thats just me... thanks for replying just the same, I take all critisicm, good or bad... Im sure it will make me a better skinner in the future..

If I may request of those who have tried the skin out to throw a rating or two my way... many thanks :P

Ndev

• 4 weeks later...
Guest luznilla

hm previews look nice havent installed it yet, but if you could give me some pointers on theming animated bootup/down and the programs backgroudn (i HATE the default gradient lines crap!!!) because im still new to smartphone ive been pimping the hell out of my phone the past few days and i want to make a crazy homescreen ... like.using that osx dock but with regular icons not osx ones, i just like the 'zoomers' icons, and make some kind of better looking graphical email/sms/mms count bar, etc i need some help getting started =-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mother_Lepard

When I want to select a new skin...because I've installed the fix...there is no option for selecting Futurama...so I can can change the background...but then I can't use the futurama skin anymore, unless I install the skin again...with the wrong colors. It's driving me crazy..Any solutions mates, or a new install file with the right colors??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.