New Pictures and Review of the MPx220

Guest haso0on

Guest haso0on

HowardFourms member, Bengalboy has got his hands on an MPx220 from Motorola and he posted pictures and a review about this phone

you can see and read about it on this link

MPs220

thats why i've dropped my mpx220 for the c500! the pictures there are product of a newer rom than the one i had on my mpx220 - but as i can see there is no improvement. i am very interested to see if it will become better soon since we all know that the release date of the phone is moving closer and closer!

cheers, lutz

Guest midnight

sounds like they have battery life problems aswell (kinda makes a mockery of msmobiles guestimate of 6-8 days standby), lets hope they sort out the problems before release (they still have a month to fix it)

i would go so far to say that this is wanted at the moment :-).

still i have to say that i am very undesided what to buy once there are the battles open between c500 & mpx220:

- smaller screen speaks against the 220

- foolish nav key speaks against 500

- bot issues make both phones bad for gaming

open questions: price, stand by, camera quality.

cheers, lutz

Hmm the E200s' and thus C500s' camera are'nt up to scratch in comparison to today's latest multimedia camera phones. And until the MPx220 (if it does) sort out its' problems I'll be forced to look elsewhere. I'm not too keen on this idea, but the Sony Ericsson S700 looks very appealing to me. I'll loose the functionality of the MS mobile but gain a great (from what i see so far) pocketable cameraphone. See here S700

Guest midnight

theres nothing wrong with the c500's photo quality though, ok so it aint 1.3mp, but how many other phones do you know with this kind of functionality free on a 25 quid contract on release?

personally i have a digital camera which pummels any camera phone, so thats used for proper pictures, if i want just quick pics then the c500 camera will do just fine.

personally i have a digital camera which pummels any camera phone, so thats used for proper pictures, if i want just quick pics then the c500 camera will do just fine.

I fully understand that, I mean we all know that a proper digital camera should whoop-arse over any camera phone, but it should be getting to the days now where the Integrated phone cameras should be getting some decent quality pics. I mean if the quality of the pictures on the 220 is shown there is what's to be expected in the final product, then touting it as a 1.2mp is useless. I mean I have a 1.2mp Olympus digicam at home and the pictures are fantastic quality and I don't really think its much to be asking that if you're going to label it as 1.2mp then the quality should be on par with my old digital camera

...have you ever tried to call someone with your olympus? whats the sound quality like? is it as small as the mpx220?

see, you have to see the limitation of space first - there is no room for a good lens in a phone. then the other thing: camera phones are ment to make the pictures sendable - as mms, ems or mail. are you happy to spend more money on sending pictures in higher resolution? oh, you don't send pictures at all? well then you are not the costumer that a carrier wants to see...

cheers, lutz

I send pictures using my E200 but I also enjoy taking photos “at the drop of a hat” and to then upload onto a pc.

The point is I will not always remember to pick up my digital camera. I will however always remember to pick up my phone. I’m not after something to replace my digicam, just something that takes reasnoble photos and at the minute the gap between E200/C500 and a digicam is just too huge. Other phone company’s seem to be getting a lot closer tho.

i totally agree on that! i am sure that motorola will be able to deliver a better experience once the phone is on release. meanwhile i can really live with what i have now - you can see the results on my blog if you click the picture in my signature. it is enough for the fun factor but definitely not to print the pictures....

cheers, lutz

Guest squall
I send pictures using my E200 but I also enjoy taking photos “at the drop of a hat” and to then upload onto a pc.

The point is I will not always remember to pick up my digital camera. I will however always remember to pick up my phone. I’m not after something to replace my digicam, just something that takes reasnoble photos and at the minute the gap between E200/C500 and a digicam is just too huge. Other phone company’s seem to be getting a lot closer tho.

you think so?

Im impressed with c500 photos. they are almost as good as the xda2, which takes the best mobile photos of any phone i have seen

Guest squall

Ive not seen pictures from that phone before.

not to shabby!

Id does bring us back to the old arguement of mssmartphone functionality v size v camera quailty etc.

I think the c500 is about the right balance. Its about as good as you will get with a 0.3mp camera.

from my very personal point of view i would say it like this: NO. you know we talk about nano seconds here in this case. its like speaking about 5 horse powers in a 200 horsepower engine. you will definitly not notice that at all! this is by far the most uninteresting reason why i will not buy the mpx220. if you want to know the bigger issues in my point of view then let me know....

cheers, lutz

I think it's all relative - the picture quality of the s700 is amazing, but it's more a hybrid phone/digicam...

i remember going snowboarding with the 7250 and it was great for those candid shots, i'd never take my cam with me just incase it was damaged.

same thing with nightclubs - easier to take pics whilst drunk with something pocketsized!...

Guest Anonymous

Had one for a month now

Picture quality is still poor I am afraid, battery life aint much better either., though latest flash image seemed to be a improvement on battery life

Not sure how it compares to otherphones other than it baby brother the mpx200, where it is a lot faster, noticably.

Guest haso0on

i was in dubai for the weekend, and i saw the I-mate SP3 (C500) it was for 1900 Dhr, thats around $494, i wanted to get it, but then i said ill wait for the MPx220 because of the Color screen and the 1.23MP camera (which i hope motorola are going to fix)

Guest McHale

I doubt very much that Motorola are going to bust their nuts trying to get everything perfect before September 27th. They've already gotten pallets full of these things ready to ship. We're too close to release date to reflash them all, unless they postpone the date. Future user ROM upgrades will fix the little stuff. Hell, how long did it take for Orange to get the SPV "perfect?" Still waiting...

Looks like a great phone. Decent picture quality. Quad band. No WiFi...ever. :)

-Mc

How can you say Decent picture quality? It's terrible for 1.23MP, it's camera is in my opinion it's main downfall. If they were to fix this problem I'd definitely go for a MPx220 rather than the C500, anyday. However it is too close to the release date I feel for them to do anything about it. But I'm still hoping.