C500 Promo

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

[190]C500_Promo.jpg

File Name :: C500 Promo

Author :: midnight

Category :: Other

Description ::

To celebrate the launch of the C500, Alien Invention have a developed a new homescreen, based on the MoDaCo C500 forum skin.

This homescreen is compatible with all other phones not just the C500 and uses no extra plugins.

Two versions of the homescreen are available, one for unlocked and one for locked phones.

Name

AiC500

Author

Alien Invention

Features

CAB format

Skinned screens include:

Startup/Shutdown Screens

Error Screens

Programs Menu

Windows Media Player

Comments

Homescreen version of the C500 MoDaCo forum Skin.

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 12:03 pm

View File

Guest markhammill

Hi Midnight,

How do you set the the date on the homescreen to display as 18/08/04 like yours instead or 18/08/2004 like on mine?

--edit--- I'm so stupid I checked the regional settings but must have miss clicked and checked under long date style by mistake.

Not to worry I have sorted it now.

Nice skin though

Guest mcolbeck

Hi midnight,

i am sorry to be a pain and if i am doing something completly wrong then do not hesitate in giving me a slap but wmp on my c500 still has the original skin on even though i have got the c500 skin installed.

i have never used a wmp skin before, do i need to do something to select it?

Cheers

Mike

Guest midnight

nope, they must have changed the wmp reg settings again, thats all i can think of (ive developed this on SP2K2 and WM2K3, i dont have a c500 yet)

Guest fphillips

Sorry to be so dim on this but how do i install this. have downloaded the file C500.cab and copied it onto the phone.....now what all help much appreciated as this looks terrific

Guest midnight

open the file browser on the phone and select the c500.cab and it will install (presuming you have the c500 unlocked, otherwise used the locked version of the homescreen), then simply turn the phone off and on again :)

Guest markhammill

Hi Midnight,

Would it be possible to have a copy of the background you used on the SPV for the image on the top left of the site for the C500 launch week. I was wondering how good it would look with the normal C500 homescreen.

Thanks in advance

Guest fphillips

I must be really dim getting this installed.

Firstly is my phone software locked or unlocked. I bought on contract from Orange.

have downloaded both versions to my desktop and the folder C500.cab is there.

What do I do next? Do i copy and paste to the smart phone and if so which file.

Help would be much appreciated.

Guest midnight

if you havent unlocked it via the Orange developers site then the phone is still locked. Simply copy the c500lock.cab to your phone via activesync (either Storage or Storage Card, eiether will do), fire up the file browser on the phone that comes wiht the c500 and then select the c500lock.cab let it install, then reboot the phone :)

Guest blueflash

fphillips: if your new to spv phones try coolsmartphone.com and read beginners area. and rest of this forum good luck and welcome to the best phone out there

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

I'm one those who cant see WMP skin in action, anyone sorted this yet? anyway I can get around it?

Apart from that, this is without doubt the best skin I have used, and it looks kick a$$ on my C500.

Thankyou very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.