ActiveSync over Bluetooth - any clues?

Guest I. C. Monsters

Guest rob5600
Most people don't need to set BT as the transfer method, it will work with USB selected in the majority of cases in which case either BT or USB can be used. If BT is selected as I said in the post in the link:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So then this program is pretty much useless if you want to maintain the ability to use the USB cable to sync and charge from your PC?

Well at least it was a good idea. I'll just manually start my BT Activesync.

Rob

Guest Confucious

If you are using BT to sync then why would you need USB to Sync? Charging is the only issue but as I charge mine over night with the supplied mains adaptor it is not an issue for me.

Guest David5093

If my bluetooth is turned on on the C500 and i connect the serial port on my computer then the activesync logo in the task bar will start spinning and the device will not be recognised.

When selecting connect via bluetooth from activesync on the phone nothing happens at all

Dave

Dave - have you got a connection between your phone ad the PC before changing this? This should be the last thing you do as for most people it will work set to USB only if all eklse fails do you NEED to change it to BT and the connection should already have been made.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest David5093

I am using the WinComm i believe its called bluetooth drivers version 1.4.2 build 18 and not the default windows one. Under the advance tap and local services i have com 6 setup for bluetooth and the same in activesync, the problem is on the phone when in activesync and click connect via bluetooth it doesn't even come up that its tryin to connect just stays at not connected.

Under the advance - PC settings i have USB as the connection type and enable pc sync using this connection type ticked

Dave

You have an outbound port set up on your PC - delete it. You should just have the inbound port. Make sure the port number is <10 and it should work.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest rob5600
If you are using BT to sync then why would you need USB to Sync? Charging is the only issue but as I charge mine over night with the supplied mains adaptor it is not an issue for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I keep my AC adapter packed because I travel often.

I'd like to find a travel car charger and AC adapter kit for it but it's easier said than done.

Guest Confucious

YES! I am suprised you even managed to install the Widcomm ones with SP2. Uninstall them and follow the instructions in the guide and it should work.

Good luck.

Guest David5093

Yeah not a problem that will probably work then, i installed them in accordance to the Geekzone article as windows kept installing the digitally signed drivers

Ill let you know how it goes

Dave

YES! I am suprised you even managed to install the Widcomm ones with SP2. Uninstall them and follow the instructions in the guide and it should work.

Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest David5093

Thanks alot for your time and your help Confucious thats it working now.

I uninstalled everything and just followed the C500 activesync via bluetooth guide by Garth in the other post.

Works like a dream

Cheers again Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gingerninja

I am realy strugling with this. I am running XP with SP2 but cannot find anything to do with bluetooth. Were is it? I have tried using the widcom drivers that came with my dongle but can't get it to sync. From reading the forum it seems that the drivers in SP2 are the best. The problem I have is when I plug my bt adapter in it asks for a disc. If i dont put the disc in that came with my dongle it says unable to install hardware. I thought it should work with SP2 without aditional drivers?

Any help will be very apreciated.

Thanks Andy