THIS IS HOW TO HARD RESET THE SPV C500

Guest peanut

Hello,

I do have a question about hard reset. Do any of you know, if there is a maximum limit in terms of performing hard-resets on C500.

Really appreciate, if someone responds to this.

thanks,

Lohit

• 3 weeks later...

Question:

Under Accessories you find the App "Clear Storage". Is there a difference in between a hard reset and the use of the "Clear Storage" App?

Thanks,

Frank

Guest Confucious

Clear storage will, presumeably do just that, clear anything you have stored but this would not include changes to settings. A hard reset will reset everything to factory defaults.

I believe this is the case but as I have nebe==-ver done a "Clear Storage" I can't be 100% certain but that's how it works on other devices i've used.

HTH

Guest jonmayes

if you do a hard reset will it wipe off the orange homescreen plugin? the one with the left vertical menu and flyout dialog boxes

also does anyone know if performing a hard reset will improve battery life, like on the mpx200?

thanks in advance

No to the first question.

Possibly to the second one; there have been reported battery life improvements if doing a hard reset after fully charging the battery.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

the orange homescreen is written into the rom, the jmms app wasnt. so when you hard reset teh plug in will be there.

on the mpx200 you had to install it from the pc

Guest Beeftech

My phone took about 5 minutes to get to the Homescreen after Hard Reset, but the next boot was back to normal. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else s**ts themselves like I did ^_^

Guest chucky.egg

After the 4.1.1.4 update the process has changed slightly

You use the same Hard Reset steps, but after you press 0 it comes up with a "Cold Boot Config" screen and then prompts you to press OK to restart

I've tried this in a Qtek 8010, but I can't get it to work.

The only thing I get is the following.

The screen turnes white and then after 1-2 sek it shows

Typhoon

IPL 1.00

Typhoon

SPL 1.01.0078

Typhoon

Enyone have the same problem ?

Had major problems and needed to http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, Orange did not know how so i emailed HTC directly and below is their instructions for reset back to factory settings.

1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

3. Later, screen shoould show instructions to ask user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.

4. Press '0' within the timeout period, which is only several seconds only.

5. If no instruction is shown on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.

The timing is sensitive.

I know i am a GOD, but please do not worship me!!

Regards

Guest Confucious
does this get rid of all the orange s*** thats in the phone???

If you're using an Orange phone with Orange ROM you get the orange extras.

Why buy an Orange phone then complain about Orange branding?

does this get rid of all the orange s*** thats in the phone???

You shouldn't be drinking your lunch box's Sunny Delight anywhere near your phone. Be more careful in the future :lol: