PocketTV Classic now running on the 8390!

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

We have a solution for Mio Mitac 8390, based on earlier work from our friend Picard and schriss:

1) download GAPI Solution - Signing Pack.zip

2) extract the files from the zip on your PC and run "sign.bat" while your Mio Mitac 8390 is connected and sync.

That's all!

This should allow you to run PocketTV Classic version 0.15.1 or later (available from www.pockettv.com ).

PocketTV Classic is already signed with the certificate needed, so no need to resign it!

For more information about the Mio Mitac 8390 patch, you can check http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=110450

Enjoy!

Guest The PocketTV Team
don't forget to mention schriss. he made the signing pack.
done

and if you have a mio 8390, please give us feedback. tell us if PocketTV works well on your device. thanks!

Guest The PocketTV Team
I used to have PocketTV on my old SPV classic, was a good program, but now i use Betaplyer on my 8390 as i find it is the best.
PocketTV is better to play MPEG.

Betaplayer is better to play DivX.

Both are useful and can co-exist.

Guest Celestial

I have an 8390 and it WORKS!!!! :) :P :D

Although, I did not folllow all instructions in ZIP file. I created and improted the certificate but afterward I just installed the latest PockeTV Classic and ran the program.

My phone was previously unlocked though Mio website if that is any help

• 4 months later...
Guest everest451

Your link for the "GAPI Solution - Signing Pack.zip" does not seem to work, it just takes me to the Modaco homepage. Can you get a new link or post the file or something?

Cheers