Arcsoft MMS Client on MPX200 2k3?

Guest Shaks

Hi all

is it possible to install the Arcsoft MMS Client as found on the Imate Smartphone update of the HTC Voyager on a MPX200 2003. The build for Win2k3 is the same on both these roms.

I currently have an MPX200 and a Orange E200 (currently on latest orange rom but can go back to Imate). The E200 is actually on sale on ebay (finishing tomorrow) as I have aquired an SPV C500. I noticed the Arcsoft MMS seemed all in one folder and the homescreen plugin was in the home folder. I have not updated my MPX200 to 2k3 yet.

Maybe it's possible to copy these folders onto an MPX on 2k3 rom and copy the homescreen plugin over as well and create shortcuts to it in the startup menu or will it require some reg settings as well? Maybe these can be copied over as well. Or even we could maybe get Arcsoft to supply the software to the public then we could all have completet MPX200's with MMS

Shaks

• 5 weeks later...
Guest verbetex

Like everyone else, I'd love to have MMS on my MPx200 (2k3) however, I am dubious as to whether this solution would work (based on the discussions previously about getting MMS on the MPx200).

Guest beersoft

I don't think its a good idea

the mms software on the e200/imate/qtek doesn't have a transferable licence for use on other devices, so making a cab to install it on a mpx200 is wrong and posting such cab on modaco will proberbly result in a sackbeating, or maybe a ban.

not to mention that the mms software does a device type lookup and errors if its being run on the wrong type of device

later

Owen

Guest awarner [MVP]

As Beery mentions above the MMS software is copyright protected and any one caught file sharing (including via PM) will get a warning and have their PM privilages removed.

The problem that is not being thought about here is the fact the

MPX200 has different hardware to other phones and that is one of the main problems with crossplatform.