Confused About Price Plans

Guest sponge

Panic over! :)

I just called Orange and they told me I don't have to port at PoS. It can be done up to 4 weeks after the sale. All I have to do is call O and they will amend the temporary number to the transferred one, when I get the PAC number. :P/

So no need to cancel the c500 tomorrow.

Guest blackhorse
Panic over! :)  

I just called Orange and they told me I don't have to port at PoS. It can be done up to 4 weeks after the sale. All I have to do is call O and they will amend the temporary number to the transferred one, when I get the PAC number.  :P/  

So no need to cancel the c500 tomorrow.

You can port upto 6 months! (4 weeks is crap)

To make life easier on POS advise the rep their will be a port but you are awaiting the number.

Make sure he advises the tubby on the phone this, he will leave the port open for a PAC. Making life much easier when you give customer services it!

Guest Manawydan

Orange retail can only match what direct are doing.

By the sounds of things you are trying to move onto this tariff by upgrading. This cant be done and direct cant do this either.

Only people that can do it are customer relations

Which is *still* poor customer service! The only reason I don't cancel my contract and start a new one is because my phone number is a bit of a golden number and I don't want to lose it. So they'd rather piss off a loyal customer rather than aim to keep them, but offer new customers better deals or expect a loyal customer to shout at a member of staff to get the deal.

SPV's aren't the only smartphones so I think I'll look around at the end of my contract, and port my number, because it's obvious that Orange couldn't care less about keeping customers, just getting new ones. :)

Guest shaund316

hey,

just a quick question about upgrading (cos oranges website is SO helpful :? ), when u upgrade from, say a talk 120 tariff at £27pm with an e200 to a c500 and your contract gets renewed as part of the upgrade, does the new contract have to be on the tariff u were on before, or can u change to a £15pm or whatever?

cheers :)

Cheers for all the help on this, blackhorse. Much appreciated :)

Is there any magic words or anything to say to Orange shops to get them to match online prices? I've been in all 3 shop in Leeds now and none of em will.

Probably not destined ti get this phone :P

Guest sponge

I have just left the Orange store in Nuneaton empty handed. :cry:

They were willing to give me the online tariff (120 minutes, 30 sms, £15 pm) but wanted to charge me £79.99 for the phone. When I queried this, saying I got mine free, they said the other shop must have made a mistake. He got a print out to prove it. It showed the price of the handset for tariffs under £24.99 pm is £79.99. So I decided not to pay and try my luck again with the shop I bought mine from on Wednesday.

It may turn out the shop did make a mistake and I should have paid for my phone, but then again I might still get it for free. It's a little annoying, but for £80 I can wait. :)

Guest sponge

You can port upto 6 months! (4 weeks is crap)

I assume this is valid for the number that is being changed? Because aren't PAC numbers only valid for 30 days? Or have I been misinformed again? :?

Guest blackhorse

I assume this is valid for the number that is being changed? Because aren't PAC numbers only valid for 30 days? Or have I been misinformed again? :?

The number you take from Orange can be overwritten by another networks number for upto 6 months.

For example 4 months into your Orange contract you can then decide to ask say Voda for a PAC code. Give this to Orange and the number youve been using for the past 4 months will be overwrtitten

Guest sponge

It would be interesting to know how much people paid for their c500s instore. Maybe compared to what tariff they signed up for. I would like to know if I got mine free by mistake or if it is something everyone else should be expecting too.

New contract.

Free c500 on 120min + 30 sms @ £15 pm (online tariff match)

Guest blackhorse
I have just left the Orange store in Nuneaton empty handed. :cry: 

They were willing to give me the online tariff (120 minutes, 30 sms, £15 pm) but wanted to charge me £79.99 for the phone. When I queried this, saying I got mine free, they said the other shop must have made a mistake. He got a print out to prove it. It showed the price of the handset for tariffs under £24.99 pm is £79.99. So I decided not to pay and try my luck again with the shop I bought mine from on Wednesday.

It may turn out the shop did make a mistake and I should have paid for my phone, but then again I might still get it for free. It's a little annoying, but for £80 I can wait.  :)

The phone is deffiently 79.99 on the £15 tariff.

Including online match.

You were lucky very lucky

Guest sponge

:)/ There was quite a bit of flirting going on when the girl sold me the phone - maybe I should go back to her and flutter my eyelids :wink:

Unfortunately, it now looks like the missus wil have to find £80 to get her new phone #-o