c500 won't sync

Guest diablous

Guest diablous

ok guys please explain this

i just upgraded to the c500

now when i sync to the pc, the computer acknowledges the phones exsistance, checks the phone compared to the PC and says i have so many items which aren't sync'd, this is where it goes fubar, the computer starts to sync and all of a sudden the computer stops syncing and says the phone isn't connect, even though it is still.

if you unplug the phone then plug it in again, it recognises the phone, but just repeats the above, whats going on?

thing is i sync'd it the other day to get my contacts and calendar off my E100 but now the phone doesn't wanna play ball, any ideas what has changed or caused this?

Guest diablous

maybe this will help?

to my knowledge when it did work i didn't have to phone connected when i installed activsync.

maybe worth a try when i get home from work.

Guest Dr Who

Had a similar problem with my E200 last week. Tried to sync with Outlook, it would get to a certain number of contacts (not always the same) and then freeze. Had to physically disconnect phone to get back into activesync. Couldn't resolve the problem. I had only contacts to synchronize and only 80 of them and it sill didn't like it. Which version of activesync are you using. Mine was 3.7.1. Upgraded to C500 now but haven't tried synching it yet.

Guest digger

No it's not that. I installed the version from the CD (3.7.1 I believe) without the phone attached. :?

It seems to sync about 3 or 5 and then disconnect.

Guest rikwebb

Same problem her guys.

Its with the contacts, stops at first one.

If you open activsync on the phone, you will see it crash !! - just disapears.

If you start activesync on the phone again, and unplug, then plug the phone in again. It checks, starts to sync, then crashes again.

Well done - thats what I say, how do they break one of the only things that worked on smartphones??

Rik :evil:

Guest diablous

i did this last night and it worked, why i don't know. but it now syncs fine.

remove activsync.

install activsync 3.6 then 3.7.1 and it works do not attach phone until all is installed and a restart has been performed. and DO NOT attach a older smartphone, my E100 messed up 3.7.1 and lost half the options on it, thus causing the C500 to not work.

Guest Dr Who

Has anyone resolved this problem yet?

OK dudes, we need to sort this out 'cos it's affecting ME now!!!! ;-)

So I had problems last week synching my E200 with activesync 3.7.1 to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 PC. Counted the contacts would get some way through them (even up to about 52/77 or thereabouts) and then just carries on running.

This week I can't sync my C500 with activesync 3.7.1 to Outlook 2002 on a DIFFERENT Windows 2000 PC. Now I normally get to 1/77 (although once it made it to 5/77) and then carried on running. I have left it for about 3 - 4 minutes and nothing happens.

In the past I have had my E100 sync with Outlook 2002 (or 2000, not actually sure!) on a WinXP (Pro) PC. Never had any problems.

So, is this problem confined to Windows 2000 systems? Have you all got Win2000? Has anyone with 2000 managed to sync their phone with Outlook? If they have then the problem is not with the OS.

The only other reason I can imagine is that there is something in my contacts that is causing the problem. I have been through and put every number into the format +44 XXXXXXXXXXX and it still will not sync. Only thing I can think of is to enter EVERY number into Outlook, delete them off the phone and then sync them back again. OR does anyone know where the information is stored on the phone or as what file type?

Guest Dr Who

OK, I have been looking into this today.

If I add a contact in Outlook (My Location is set to 020) the number shows up as, for instance +44 (020) 76404658. If I now activesync my contacts that number is transferred to my phone as +44 (020) 76404658 (and if I dial all I get is a dead tone), however no numbers are transferred to Outlook. So basically the format on my phone (either +44 2076404658 or 02074604658) is not the same format as Outlook is using. I am sure this is why the number can be transferred to my phone from the computer (it doesn't care) but why Outlook won't accept any numbers from my phone. From what I remember the number did NOT display like this in Outlook when it worked with my E100. I am going to post a question in main to see what the number should be displayed as in Outlook. I have been all through the menus in Outlook and I can't see any way of getting it to drop the (020) part of the phone number.

Getting closer.

Guest Dr Who

Are we all using activesync 3.7.1 BTW? When this worked with my E100 it was with 3.6. If I can resurrect my harddrive I may try and sync my C500 with that.

Guest digger

I am only trying to sync my calender. I do not sync my contacts. But I see the same thing. It counts how many it has to sync and then bombs after 3 or 4 entries.

I am using 3.7.1 with XP Home and Office XP.

Is there a common theme here?

I will try uninstalling 3.7.1 and then installing 3.6 first and then 3.7.1

I uninstalled 3.6 first last time.

Guest pete1312

I'm also using 3.7.1 Windows XP Home & Office XP (Outlook 2002).

If I uncheck Contacts, then my Calendar & Tasks sync ok and connection is maintained.

If i try to sync Contacts, it get to about 4 or 5 (out of 300+) then disconnects.

All worked perfectly with my original SPV. Problems started when I upgraded to E200.

(I've never tried to sync Emails as I have no need to).

Guest Dr Who

I can have them all ticked, activesync updates tasks, emails and calendar and will write any contacts to my phone but it will not receive any contacts from my phone. Typically gets stuck at 1 or 2/77 but sometimes gets to 48, 56 or even 68 once. As far as I can tell there is absolutely no reason for it. My first move will be to try 3.6.

Guest digger

I have got it working!! :)

I uninstalled Active Sync. Installed 3.6, then upgraded it to 3.7.1. (Last time I uninstalled it)

Then after connecting my C500, when it asked what to do with conflicts, I told it to replace the ones on my phone. It then synced without a problem!!! :P

Guest digger

UPDATE!!

It only works if you replace the entries on the phone. If you try to go the other way and replace the entries on the PC, it fails. Arrrrrggggghhhh ](*,)

Guest Dr Who

Good work Digger. Does it work with just 3.6 without upgrading? Does it work again if u reset 2 change on phone? does 3.7.1 work if u use change on phone? BTW r we all trying 2 connect via USB? Is any1 having this problem over bluetooth? Just wondering if problem is USB control in 3.7.1? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest digger

No, it won't work with the C500 using 3.6 at all.

It now does not work again, I managed one good sync of over 100 calender entrys, but now it refuses to sync again.

I'm using USB too.

Guest rikwebb

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ](*,) ](*,)

I WANT MY CONTACTs TO SYNC ](*,)

Tried re-installing, no luck, gets to contact 1 each and every time then fails.

Paul, if you are reading this, do you get these problems, or get them in Beta testing????

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Its not fooookin funny anymore.

Rik :evil:

Guest rikwebb

Could it be Outlook 2002 ???

Can someone without the problem tell us their setup, and can you guys having issues, tell us your setup.

Here goes:

Windows XP SP2

Office XP (Outlook 2002)

Activesync 371

Bald - cos Ive pulled all me hair out!!

Rik