UP TO DATE LINKS for MINI SD CARDS

Guest simonbratt99

Guest simonbratt99

Hi,

I will need a mini SD in the next 2 weeks, so im gonna keep this up to date with the best links i can find (for 256 or 512 mini SD)

If you know of a good place, let me know and i will edit this top post with the link. (UK)

Im not going to put them in order, any prices shown might have changed since post edited.

(i dont endorse these sites, and have only used Ebuyer and Komplett)

Somehow this became unsticky sorry

SEE EBUYER BELOW 512mb £35.11 INC VAT 19th jan 2005

www.Dabs.com 512mb £43.40 inc vat out of STOCK

Orca Logic 512 £42.99 +vat

User JampoTT

MobileFun 256 512 (scroll down)

Expansys 512 (new price 10thsept)

Ebuyer 256

Ebuyer 512

Komplett 256

MSMobilesNews 256 512

DigitalDepot 256

GMK Batteries 256

BlueUnplugged 256

MoDaCo Shop 64 128 256 (SanDisk 256 on last check was £34.99 inc vat and del)

PicStop 256

ValueMedia 256

Photo-Scotland 256

Insight 256

JetMedia 256

USA (international shipping $17) Toshiba 512 (last check was $109)

Digital-Photo 256 (EU)

EuroMemory 256 (EU)

Netherlands and Belgium only, 512mb = 69 euros WOW

Fotosence 256

MyMemory 256

DaVoom 256

Edited by simonbratt99

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

We are more than happy to ship to Denmark and the rest of Europe even USA, we would have to pass on the carriage/delivery costs for deliverys outside of the UK and Ireland, sorry :wink: we will update the shop during the next couple to include shipping into Europe etc. Delivery charges into Europe etc will be around £5.00 other destinations will be updated on the shop directly :)

Guest steve_smith

Hi all,

Just a recommendation for the Kingmax cards that EBuyer are selling.

Ordered a 512Mb one last week, and it arrived this morning in a blister pack complete with a Mini SD - standard SD converter. Very happy so far (with the exception that I didn't realise it came with the converter, so had already ordered one from elsewhere). The 512Mb cards are much more expensive than the 256Mb. But since you have to switch the phone off and remove the battery every time you want to switch cards, I thought the bigger capacity was a wise investment.

Card seems to work fine in the phone, and am busily converting my collection of Southpark episodes in to WMV for watching on the train :) Tried one episode, and it works great in full screen mode! Only one small problem with using the cards for video. In Windows Media player, I can't seem to find a way to advance a little way in to a movie (eg. move say half way through a 30 minute clip). I only seem to be able to jump an entire movie file or music file at once. Any ideas?

Steve.

Guest steve_smith
What are you using to convert movie to the phone, is it easy and how long does it take?

Starting off with DivX encoded AVI file. Using Windows Media Encoder (free download from Microsoft). Fairly easy once you've got the hang of it, and takes about 10 to 15 minutes to do a 30 minute episode, and results in a file of about 20Mb.

I actually intended to use the files on my PocketPC (screen size of 320x240), so they are probably actually a little bit bigger than they need to be for the Smartphone.

If all this sounds a bit complicated, I know there is a software package available (from Handango I think) which will take a DVD and produce a WMV file (of a size of your choice) with the minimum of mouse clicking :wink: Can't remember what it's called, something like DVD to Smartphone. Don't know how good it is, because I've never used it, but I think there is a trial version.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Guest JampoTT

I should have a small number of 512Mb cards available EARLY NEXT WEEK, for those who don't want to

a) pay Ebuyer £100

:) order from the USA

I will be prepared to ship to the EU at cost as well.

Guest JampoTT
@JampoTT

How much for the 512 cards?

I have an order coming from overseas, so exact price depends whether or not (and how much!) I get stung for import duty...

But I'm expecting them to be around £80-£85 all inclusive, or maybe down to £75 if the duty isn't sky high (seems random on stuff I've ordered before...)

Guest JampoTT

I requested Toshiba cards, so lets see what comes...

Neither of my 2 previous "normal" suppliers are yet stocking the cards (I used to regularly trade digital memory on Ebay and organise group buys for friends etc, so have a few contacts in the trade) which is a shame...

Guest m4rcus

I wouldn't get anything from ebuyer. I purchased a 256 card from them when they were displaying it at £21.59 inc delivery! (great link from coolsmartphone) But it now seems that the 5 day delivery that they were telling me was rubbish. They are now quoting 7-10 to them, then more on to me!!

So my advice is...

DONT SHOP AT EBUYER!!!

I think they made a mistake as now they are trying to sell it for £29+ inc delivery...

Guest simonbratt99

Its still free del on many flash mem in ebuyer just not on MiniSD, prolly just dont need to, as thier stock is in the negative direction.

I have used ebuyer for mannnyyy things, work and home, always have a good experience. You will always find someone with a bad experience of any company.

Last thing i bought was a Fiji S5000 camera for 209, then the prices went up to about 219, they go up and down, sometimes daily, so keep an eye out, ive always got an item if its been in stock. Truble with out of stock items the del date, cant be garenteed, for anyone.

Guest Paul [MVP]

eBuyer have been fine for me, until you need to return something, then they are a NIGHTMARE! I guess their cheap prices on PC bits particularly are at the expense of service...

P

Guest simonbratt99

i have returned the odd item, i admit, it could be better, but i cant resist a bargin, and lets face it, ebuyer is one of the best bargin hunt sites.