New HTC Smartphone - HTC Feelers (Qtek 8020)

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Guest plantagoo

Hi Folks,

I was able to get my hands on "the mysterious device" today. It looks cool IMHO. I think the differences are only optical. As far as I was able to play around the technical specs should be completely the same as the c500/Typhoon etc.

In fact the device shows some kind of Typhoon ROM-Boot-Messages at startup.

The information about the mobile, who it will release and so on are some kind of "secret" yet. But I think the official information will be released soon. Be patient.

Greetings

plant

Guest coolandfast

on august 25 i sent a mail to a swiss hardware seller asking if he will sell the qtek 8010 and at what price.

i was informed by mail that the plan to sell the qtek 8020 in october/november at a price of approx. chf 699.-. It should be the price without a contract and without any sim-lock.

seems a bit strange that they already introduce the 8020 when the 8010 is not on the market yet. who would buy the 8010 now...?

Guest Marko31
on august 25 i sent a mail to a swiss hardware seller asking if he will sell the qtek 8010 and at what price.

i was informed by mail that the plan to sell the qtek 8020 in october/november at a price of approx. chf 699.-. It should be the price without a contract and without any sim-lock.

seems a bit strange that they already introduce the 8020 when the 8010 is not on the market yet. who would buy the 8010 now...?

Thx for theses precious informations ... :)

Guest AaronSoup

evidentally operators that would usually stock the c500 have decided that it is flawed, told HTC what they want better and HTC made it happen...

The same thing happened in mainland europe with the samsung e700... operators wanted a flash, so they quickly stuck a white led on the outside of the case and called it the e710.

Originally - the Tanager was allready FCC approved before the Canary hit the market..

This is exactly the same with the Typhoon and the Feeler.. (At least in DK - no c500 yet)

/J

Guest Coolbox

Jakob: Do you know if we can expect to see the Feeler instead of c500 in the shops in 14 days as someone predicted??

And where in DK do you think the Feeler will be available, I mean in which shops??

At present time (59minutes before monday) I dont know anything about Feeler in DK, but I will investigate ASAP in the morning.

Though not official yet, Orange DK will not sell Orange branded Smartphones after 010105, when the name changes to something like TeliaOrange or OrangeTelia or whatever. Telia in Sweden carries the Qtek phones, so it might be sold at TeliaOrange shops as Qtek 8020 and probably also at TDC shops as Qtek 8020.

In DK the supplier for TDC and Teila is called Dangaard. I spoke with them last week, and at that time they knew nothing of release date for Typhoon.

But; I will return with more information tomorrow (if any available)

/J

Its getting better:

It will be launched in Italy - carried by Vodafone.

In Denmark it will be launched in the middle of Ocotber.

No pricing yet - it will come soon.

Nothing about joystick and functionality - I will check up.

First launch versions will arrive at carriers in DK in 3 weeks, but will not be stocked untill October..

(Dangaard will not carry the Qtek 8010 - Orange DK has a contract with HTC not to sell the 8010 in DK)

/J

Guest Coolbox

Cooool!!! :shock:

Ok, I am new at this smartphone thing so I was wondering if it will be possible to buy one in 3 weeks then?? :?

And if it is possible do you then know how and where to to it??? :)

I would definitly order one then :P

This information is DK only - dunno if it applies to other countries to.

It will not be possible to buy it in three weeks! thats for sure,

Medio October - thats the word right know..

/Jakob

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest tizio84
Its getting better:

It will be launched in Italy - carried by Vodafone.

In Denmark it will be launched in the middle of Ocotber.

Carried in Italy by Vodafone and at the same time as in Denmark?

That's cool! Finally a Smartphone sold through official carrier shops and wherever else, not only in some overpriced web shops... :)

I can't wait to put my hands on it!

What do you guy's think of the design compared to the C500? I would prefer a joy-stick over the roller thing on C500 any day, but i hate the rest of Feeler's looks...lol It's a boring brick...it looks like a cheap plasticy Motorola! And the design makes the screen look small...hmm

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know anything about when it's coming out in the Netherlands?

really would like this phone. heard the gapi and multipress issues were solved on this phone. plus a joystick :lol:

Pigo