Got me a new GPS for my C500!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jasonkruys

That looks exactly like the Fortuna Clip-on, even down to the funny Xtrac/power button arrangement. Is it that re-branded? I was looking at getting the fortuna today, as I have a few friends with them and they are very happy with it. What price is the Belkin?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yes, it is the Fortuna, but in a nicer colour and rebranded :)

The price will (most likely) be £199.99 inc VAT and delivery, with all the bits above included, including Pocket PC nav software.

Although this DOES sound expensive, we really are doing the very best price we can here :P

P

paul, how did you fix the phone there?

regarding bluetooth - no need to switch it off anymore. no need for fancy toggling software (thanks for the bluetooth toggler again, it did great on the e200!!!), no need for shortcuts to switch bt on/off. good work, htc...

cheers, lutz

Guest sponge

I haven't really considered systems like this before, but seeing this has got my credit card itching.

I may have misunderstood, but if this is just a repackaged one of these, why does it cost over £60 more?

Guest Jasonkruys
I haven't really considered systems like this before, but seeing this has got my credit card itching.

I may have misunderstood, but if this is just a repackaged one of these, why does it cost over £60 more?

Yes it is exactly that, as Paul confirmed earlier. I was about to ask the same question myself about the price of the Belkin one. Think I'll be going for the Fortuna myself.......Maybe something to consider for the shop Paul?

Presumably the extra cost incurred is for the navigation software it comes with, which I don't think the Fortuna does, but the software the Belkin comes with is useless from a Smartphone point of view, you wouldn't use it.

Guest Mat-d-Rat
"]Yes, it is the Fortuna, but in a nicer colour and rebranded :)

The price will (most likely) be £199.99 inc VAT and delivery, with all the bits above included, including Pocket PC nav software.

Although this DOES sound expensive, we really are doing the very best price we can here :P

P

Will that be Europe maps or just UK?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hmmm, the only difference appears to be the software and the 2 year warranty with free phone support. It doesn't mention which of the accessories are included (case, car charger adaptor etc), but I will try and clarify :)

P

Guest sponge

Is the software available separately? If it is, and I can find a price, then I can I fairly compare the two.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend the software required for the C500 to be able to use the Fortuna system? Because looking at the software section on the website I linked to above, it looks to be in the £60 region. If that's the case, then it would be worth paying the extra for the Belkin system. Especially since it has a 2yr warranty and tech support.

Guest sponge

I haven't been following threads on GPS systems, so I apologise if this isn't anything new, but here's a link to some information on Orange Navigation Solution I found just now.

(It is dated May, so you have probably already seen it. :oops: )

Edit: I just found this thread. :oops:

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

The unit is the F8T051uk.

If the demand from MoDaCo users is high we will negotiate a better price with our suppliers which will mean a better if not one of the best prices in the UK for this GPS unit, if you guys and gals want this then post your tentative orders here and leave the rest to us :wink:

Guest sponge

I am very much interested in a GPS unit for my C500. As for which one it will be, well that depends on what is recommended in these fora to be honest.

If other members rate this particular unit highly, then that's good enough for me.

Gimme a good price (inc VAT and P&P) and I'll give you my credit card details. :)