Receiving files via bluetooth C500

Guest Jules1974

Guest Jules1974

Hi im sending files (mp3) from my spv e200 to my brothers c500 via bluetooth, it then asks him to save the file which he does. Thing is, where the hell did it save it to!!!, you cant seem to save as, so i assume it stores it somewhere by default.

Cheers

Guest maikeldevrindt

Not for sure but you could check the my documents on the phone's memory or otherwise the my documents folder on your mini sd card.

Could anyone tell me how to send files (from for example the explorer view of the c500) to an other telephone or pc.

I'm able to right "click" the file but then get stuck with the options send via IR or MMS. I just can't find a send via Bleutooth option. :?

Anyone please? A manual Bleutooth c500 for dummies.. like me :oops:

Mail to : [email protected]

Thx m8's

Guest FosterJ

I get the same problem Jules. Once paired someone sends me something, phone says its received but cant find it. Ive looked through all the folders too!!!

Plus how come when you go to a picture and click on 'send via' there is no Bluetooth option. Its really annoying.

Guest FosterJ

Just downloaded SmartExplorer so looks like I can send stuff via BlueT but its a bit lame that you cant go to the picture and sed via BlueT isnt it....

...this way you have to know the name of the photo, find it in SmartExplorer and send it. What a mission!

Did you try finding your friends device via Bluetooth and then going to the picture to see what options were available? Somebody mentioned that you had to have a connection to the receiving device BEFORE the option was enabled. Dunno if that provides a solution?

Guest Jules1974

Hi folks, i just re-checked this thread hoping for answer!, i send him on his C500 a file mp3/wma via smartexplorer and when its complete his phone says got "whatever" file, save or delete, he says save (which is the only option available, not save as) and it goes back to main screen.

Where is the file!, ive tried searching for it via multimedia album but cant find it.

Can the c500 be unlocked like E200 software wise, my brother likes orange so aint bothered about network/sim unlock for time being.

Cheers

I have found the reason behind your problem, which is unforunate as it's not really a solution.

The SPV seems to want to save bluetooth downloads to your my documents folder on the phone's memory and not give you the option to set where to save the file to. The problem with this is you can only recieve files that will fit on the limited space of the phone memory, rendering it pretty useless for anything over about 1/2mbs (well, in my case).

If anyone knows of a program that lets you set the download location, or a registry setting (and how to do it) or something, please reply to this thread, or email me, or do something damnit! :)

Quite chuffed with smartexplorer though, now I can xfer multiple files to my pc via BT.

I'm not a windows user, so activesync is not an option.

There is a program I'm trying to get working on linux that allows you to browse the remote filesystem, however I'm not even sure it'll work. I'm pretty sure it's more beneficial/easier/better if I just figure out how to set a download location. It *should* just be a registry setting if only I could find a decent reg edit for the damn thing!

I may be posting my findings of spv & linux quite soon.

Sy.

Hmmm, I thought that was the 'standard' registry editor for Smartphone use. I am sure it has been used by folk with the C500.

I am sure I heard about a Linux Kernel developed for phone use - may have been vapourware though.

Guest FosterJ

This is sooo frustrating, you get all excited cos a file gets sent over then, alakazar....its gone. Checked every folder on my phone and its nowhere to be found.

Look forward to hearing anyone whos cracked the secret c500 code!!

FosterJ, are you trying to download files of over 500K? From what syrus says if they are less than 500K then they should reside in the mydocuments folder.

Syrus, why do you think the limit is so low? I have ~ 28Meg of internal memory so why is it cutting it out at that level?

Before anyone else installs that, it seems to make my spv restart when I try to do a find...not the end of the world, but not a stable app by any means!

It's been very stable for me for a looong time (including the last few weeks on my C500).

Why do I think the limit is low?

Have a look in your file manager thing at how much space is left on storage (not storage card), you should be able to recieve anything less than the free space on there, anything bigger will just not be accepted.

I tried a few registry settings at work, no luck unfortunately. I tried a setting that looked as though it told windows to set your my documents to storage cardmy documents rather than storagemy documents. No good. ARRRG!

Guest FosterJ

Dr who thanks, I think it must have been over 500k then. I didnt think a pic taken on a phone would be more than that and they cant be found in my docs either!

Thats a bit lame to pack a phone full of memory plus allow 256 plus meg of memory on a storage card then not even be able to use it for transferring files but anywho!

i have just got bt working 4 sending with default explorer and sent a 54k file and a 314k file which went to storage/my documents. a 5.4meg file was received but disappeared. free space was 25meg plus. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest The Futures Bright

I'm glad this is now known and not just me thinking i was senile. I spent a long time searching for mp3 files that had "successfully" transferred over to the phone only to find they didn't exist anymore. :roll:

Hope we have a fix soon, it's very annoying indeed. :x