Receiving files via bluetooth C500

Guest Jules1974

Grrr!

Still no luck, I tried some other things like bluetooth over activesync (linux), but that just wasn't going to work. Nevermind. I get the feeling orange or MS are up to no good here! Damn bastards!

windows powered mobile requires you to have windows pc to send files to the phone, strange eh? i guess they may not be interested in apple or linux users. interesting marketing ploy though - they sell you the phone and make you use their os

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest miraclemaker

Can someone tell me how to transfer files with ActiveSync? Becasue I'm not using the Outlook the options available through activeSync are very limited. I can select to 'browse mobile device' but that just gives me an empty window - I can't drag files into it or anything like that.

Guest rctempire

Hello,

sorry this may be a daft question but ive only got my smartphone and its taking a while to use the C500 at the moment.

Now my dad has a sony erricson T610 and i have the c500. Now i switch bluetooth on and go into the image i want but i can only send the image by MMS or Email. Am i doing something wrong and how can i send this file over bluetooth. Sorry for being a newbie on this kinda thing, so please dont flame me. Thanks

Rctempire

Guest dreamweavel

Me and a pal noticed this bluetooth problem when the phone first came out but just assumed there was some settings we had missed.

A transfer to another device works fine from a C500 but you definitely can't receive files over a certain size. we were tring to swap a 5 meg mpeg - no luck, even though it said it had finished transferring and said it had saved.

Also, i think there are issues with the PHM reg editor and the C500 - mine also restarts after a few moments of doing a reg keysearch :-s

I reckon this should be added to the C500 bug list :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smith_ts

I had a prob receiving photo's via bluetooth. It saved them in docoment as already mentioned. The problem i found was that if you looked in the file manager you didn't see them, you have to press 'List View' to see the files stored in the folder.

Not sure how old this thread is but hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

im beginning to think that the problem lies with SMARTEXPLORER. when u think about it.. files over 500kb sent via BT over activesync does not disappear..

the vanishing >500kb file only happens with SMARTEXPLORER. could it be a case of faulty coding on the part of binarys?

• 1 month later...
Guest dreamweavel

Dunno, they recently brought out an MPX200 update so i s'pose there's still hope...

Are you already using the latest ROM? I've given my E200 to a nephew so I'll have a play with it next time i see him to see if's def a problem on that handset too