Latest XPHONE ROM seems to be now 1.10.18.8 !!!

Guest mikeyboy

Guest mikeyboy

I noticed the other thread and thought I should mention that my XPHONE was put into the local service centre (problem with it switching on - kept hanging or screen turning blank) and I just received it back yesterday. Anyway I doubled checked the ROM version to see if they had updated it as I was aware of the new ROM upgrade on the XPHONE site and it would seem that I have version 1.10.18.8 not 1.10.18.6.

Manufacturer is shown as 1.11.18.37 and Microsoft 4.20.13349.0

I have no idea what is extra in this version to the 1.10.18.6 version as previous to this I had 1.10.18.3.

BTW I live in Malaysia.

Guest mikeyboy

Ok just an update to this new ROM - first up I have had absolutely no issues with the phone freezing or switching off during calls with the new ROM ( a couple of the reasons why I had to get it serviced). The clarity of calls both with and without bluetooth seems to be better too although I have not checked bluetooth's functionality from a distance. Battery life has improved but not but a hugely significant amount.

Other things I have noticed are more options for SMS etc e.g. when sending you can have by default a copy of the original sms when replying, saving copies of sent items, and delivery notifications for ALL SMS not just on an individual basis (some of these didnt exist before on 18.3). There is also the ability to Import SIM messages (not sure if that was there before).

A few other things - I much prefer the clear type font used with these ROMs compared to the original and it would seem that the ability for the phone to read from the storage card has improved.

All in the all this ROM is a definite improvement over 18.3 - hopefully the more generally available 18.6 is as good as this one.

How's the call volume compared to the 1.10.18.3?

When I switched to 1.10.18.6 it was definitely a lot less loud when just using the phone (headphones and speaker no problem).

Guest mikeyboy

Call volume I dont really find any different from 1.10.18.3. It seems to be better for the person at the other end though when on speakerphone and when on bluetooth it is clearer in both directions.

• 4 months later...
Guest cycheang

I just got the update for my O2 Xphone a few days back. The ROM version that currently i had is 1.10.18.8. Seem that this version was available since last year September 04..... Any new version of ROM available for O2 Xphone...

I'm from Malaysia....

• 5 months later...
Guest Disco Stu

o2 ROMs are available from o2's website.

I'm sure you have read the forum rules and know that requesting links to illegal download sites is prohibited. :)

Guest weee
o2 ROMs are available from o2's website.

I'm sure you have read the forum rules and know that requesting links to illegal download sites is prohibited.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but the latest they had is 1.10.18.6 :D are we able to get the latest ones from them?

Thanks

Guest badhusin
but the latest they had is 1.10.18.6 :) are we able to get the latest ones from them?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have contacted O2 helpdesk, and this is what they said:

Thank you for choosing O2!

With regards to your query below, please note that you will only be able to upgrade your Xphone ROM version to 1.10.18.8 at the repair center. You can obtain information on the Repair Centre and the Collection Points on the following URLs:

http://www.seeo2.com/support/XdaIImini/tem...m/partregion/my

http://www.seeo2.com/support/XdaIImini/tem...m/partregion/my

Hope the above information is useful to you. Thank you.

Warmest Regards,

Robert Yeo

O2 Technical Support

Asia Pacific Region

For full listing of retail outlets and information on the latest products information, please visit http://www.seeo2.com

i have checked the url, and there is only one repair centre in malaysia (there is no collection centre) and it is in Bandar Sunway Metro... check out the url for further information

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeyboy

Just a quick update again I can confirm that there is no latest ROM beyond 1.10.18.8 for the O2 as my phone has just come back from the repair centre (needed new motherboard!) and the ROM is the same as before.