How Do You Tune In To Radio Stations..........

Guest clacton crew

Guest clacton crew

useing the windows media player on the spv c 500. i have been trying to find URLs For the streems of radio stations on windows media player on google but it wont find any. does any one know where i can find a list of urls on the internet as i dont know much about this sort of thing?. :?

You just need to create some shortcuts to the address of the Audio streams.

Here are some examples zipped up :)

Just copy whatever shortcuts you want to Storage(or IPSM)\Windows\Favourites

* Watch out for those GPRS costs though :wink:

shortcuts.zip

is it possible to stream these via a pass though to the PC, ie not racking up charges? or is it all a bit too slow?

Yep you can just set the Internet connection to pass through connection in Settings-Data connections. Not sure it why you would want to do it though as you can play the audio streams on you PC anyway :wink:

I think it's one of those things that people want to try at least once on their phone (Audio streaming direct to the phone using Pocket Windows Media Player). It would be great thing if you had unlimited GPRS but if not, I suppose the pass through will do :)

While were at it here's the shortcut to Virgin Radio 1215AM, Groove and Classic Rock (20K & 64K)

[edit] The 64K version keeps changing to 20K. I suspect WM player keeps doing it but don't know why :?

Virgin Radio.zip

Guest bigfatbob

I am trying to use the pass through connection to listen to the radio at work (so I can listen through my headset). I have had to set-up a new proxy connection and was asked for u/name and pwd. Now when I connect to the internet it works fine but it still dials when connecting to a radio station from within media player.

Any ideas?

Guest clacton crew

i know a very good web site to do this. check out http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/ on the phone and click on the windows media player stations and they play :) . now i would not reckamend doing this other gprs but if you work in an office or are at an internet cafe you could just plug the phone it to your pc and this should work 8)

• 1 month later...

In settings, go to Data Connections and change all possible options to 'pass through connection'.

Now, simply try connect to the inet on the phone - should work!

(the computer also needs an active connection of course..)

• 2 months later...
Guest dejitaru

I have an i-mate sp3 and have been messin around with audio streaming, and noticed that when clicking on a .m3u or .pls stream it says that it cannot play the file. So what I did was save the playlist file to my pc and then copy it over to my i-mate and associate the file with betaplayer and then open the file locally from my phone and the stream works fine. Mostly monkeyradio and Somafm of course the 24k streams work best on GPRS but I do have an unlimited gprs plan with tmo USA and its nice to be able to stream music.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest metalgearal
bluetooth conection to pc, i can get as far as my back garden, pointless really but still fun when listening to austrailian and american stations  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent, this works over bluetooth too? That's great, just mucking around on MSN messenger at the moment, even though I'm actually sitting at my PC :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jbrowne

Hi,

I have just got the new c500, and have been trying to listen to radio stations by opening the url in media player. However, when playing a 48kbps stream (BBC 6 music..., there is a break every 10 seconds due to buffering....is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? There is a lower quality stream available for the station, but the sound quality is terrible, so would rather not have to chose this one...

Thanks.

It's GPRS on the 2G network that is causing the problem. It's going to struggle to sustain 48kbps streaming. EDGE or 3G offer higher data rates for GPRS.

You could always use your PC connection for streaming to the SPV although this only works when sitting next to the PC :lol:

Guest Confused Stu

As someone said earlier, bluetooth connection to PC = walking round the house listening to radio walkman-style for free. :lol:

As someone else also said earlier - why not just buy a cheap radio or walkman? :(