CityTime Alarms - Beta Testers Wanted...

Guest kennyg

Hello All,

I'm looking for about a dozen beta testers for an alarms program called CityTime Alarms. Features include:

- An unlimited number of alarms, count up and count down timers.

- Two skins (see bitmaps)

- Repeatable alarms (support a date range and daily/monthly/annual alarms)

- Volume/Sound/Location(Timezone)/Notification Style is selectable on a per alarm basis.

- Includes several alarm style sounds, will play any wav file.

- It coexists with or separate from CityTime, for location information so you can tie your alarms to the local time or a separate time zone!

spalarms1.JPG

spalarms2.JPG

Email me at kennyg AT codecity.net for information. Beta testers providing feedback will get a free copy!

Please send me the model of your phone, Smartphone version. It will require a software unlocked smartphone.

Thanks,

Kenny

Code City Limited

Due to the large demand, I've decided on a wider public beta instead of close small group beta.

I'll be putting up a download link this evening / tomorrow morning depending on your time zone. I'll also send that directly to those that emailed me.

Thanks for your patients, I think it's worth it! :)

Kenny.

Hello All,

The first BETA of CityTime Alarms for Smartphone is now available for you to try out.

I suggest that if you are not comfortable with BETA software that you wait until it is released to try it out. That said, I’ve been using version of it for the last several months with no ill effects.

I want any comment/suggestion/complaint/nit no matter how small! Please don’t hesitate to send that email, even if you think it’s just a small detail!

Email to kennyg AT codecity.net or Smartphone AT codecity.net

Requirements:

• Smartphone with Microsoft Smartphone 2002 OR 2003 OR 2003 SE

• Software Unlocked phone

• ~350KB Free (half of which are new alarm AVI sounds!)

Links are as follows:

CAB file:

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

EXE file for PC (with installer)

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...imeAlarmsSP.exe

If you have ANY problems, contact me.

Thanks!

Kenny.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi there kenny.

A couple of things I noticed/comments:

1. Can you do something about the Alarm program reading WAV files off the Storage Card instead of IPSMApplication DataSounds ?

2. After trying the alam program, how come my SmartExplorer and SP Taskmanager fonts changed from Arial Narrow font style (my default font) to that of CityAlarm font (LCD2U___.TTF) ?

smartexplorer.gif

taskmanfont.gif

Guest XPhoneGeek

If you have ANY problems, contact me.

Thanks!

Kenny.

Hi there Kenny well, I have tried both the EXE & CAB on an Orange C500 both to main storage or Storage card. None of these work, I get "unable to install "CodeCity CityTimeAlarms" at this location. Select another...

Hi there Kenny well, I have tried both the EXE & CAB on an Orange C500 both to main storage or Storage card. None of these work, I get "unable to install "CodeCity CityTimeAlarms" at this location. Select another...  
There seems to be an issue specifically with the C500, is it running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition? Unfortunately I don't have a copy of this and will look at it ASAP.

2. After trying the alam program, how come my SmartExplorer and SP Taskmanager fonts changed from Arial Narrow font style (my default font) to that of CityAlarm font (LCD2U___.TTF) ?  

I've run into this one as well, the problem is actually with SmartExplorer! By default there is only a single font on a Smartphone, if the developer does not specify a font in their application in the it gets the first one in the list, which normally is the only installed, but since I installed a second it defaults to that one instead. Since I can't change the name of the font, I really can't do much about it. Hopefully I can get them to fix their code.

Me too. This wouldn't work even if it did install, as it looks for the sounds in IPSM, which is now storage on WM2003 devices

It looks to either the StorageApplication DataSounds OR to IPSMApplication DataSounds depending on the version of the OS. It has been working for months on both an SPV100 running a version of 2002 and on an MPX200 running a version of 2003.

The problem with the sound location lies in were to put them so they can potentially be used by other applications? This is more of an issue for users that don't want to know their phones to the level that we do.

Where would be a better location? With the phone application? I look forward to you opinions.

Guest dinoalbert

Hi kennyg. Nice app! Same here, I wish it can use wav files from Storage card rather than from IPSM so it can save space. With a Qtek rom, I store my wav files in Storage CardMy Documents folder

For Notification Type, I hope there is an option to LOOP alarm tones.

I hope you can change the font type and color to something better and brighter....the current font is somewhat like washed out, not so clear.

Looking forward for the development of this app. Thanks!

:wink:

Guest mavisdavis

Great app Kenny

Been using all day. My mates kept getting thrown by the bugle and cavlry sounding every 20mins.lol

I love the reacurance options as I keep forgetting to switch of my 4am alarm at the weekends.

The only real bug I have is that sometimes the sound is realy quiet sometimes altho all my settings are tset to the max and I would also like the sounds stored on the SD card.

Apart from the above I love it :wink:

I really like this program :)

Following on from the above posts.

- Smartexplorer and fonts

This is a binarys issue as I remember this happening before (they released a newer version the same day - my smartexplorer has the normal font). I've noticed xBar 2(.3 I think!) has the same issue which is a bit of a pain. Don't think the actual font needs changing.

- Looping alarms

Agree with dinoalbert, I need this to wake up!

- Menu

There seems to be a few discrepancies in the menu options, if I edit an alarm I seem to get duplicate options. I think it happens if you switch an alarm on that's all ready on.

Guest lukeap69

i set my alarm to vibrate & ring, after the sound expired / stopped, the phone still vibrates. I pressed the snooze (for 5 minutes), the vibration did not stopped. I had to soft reset my phone.

isn't the vibrate thing simultaneous with the ring? after pressing snooze, won't it stop?

regards,

lukeap

i set my alarm to vibrate & ring, after the sound expired / stopped, the phone still vibrates. I pressed the snooze (for 5 minutes), the vibration did not stopped. I had to soft reset my phone.

isn't the vibrate thing simultaneous with the ring? after pressing snooze, won't it stop?

Yes it should stop. I'll look further into the vibrate issue.

Kenny.