C500 Black, how to remove theorange logo?

Guest dvl

Anyone tried to remove that orange logo with Displex or with something else?

very tempted to do it now myself, but i thought i better check if someone has a silver square instead of the orange logo?

Hehe

:twisted:

LOL couldn't wait :)

actually i should cry but hey that is me :shock: !!

i used displex.. it removed the orange stuff no problem..

but the logo has been heated when applied or so, so it has a glossy shine in the black paintjob.

The black paintjob sticks very wel but gets shiney when scrubbed, hmm have to use something to make it less shiney. check picture 2 LOL i took that one with flash and shows very clearly that that area is a little ehum smoother then the other black.. Check pic 1 (same pic as pic 2 but without flash) and you see a nice black phone. but if you look properly you can still see the square..

think i have to scrub the whole phone now haha

image 1

image 2

Btw.. pic 2 is how it looks now!!

Greetzz

haha hate that orange thingy.. using KPN (dutch telecom) myself..

hehe.. actually you almost don't see it .. but i will remove the top metal cover soon.. so i can remove the dust.. seal the tft properly and respray it nice dark blue!!

;o)

Have to say: SUPER GSM!! GREAT BATTERY!! LOVE IT TO BITS!!

Greeetzz

DvL

Guest BigBlue007

Me too... The pictures are a good example how to NOT do it. I'm really not a fan of provider brandings, however I have seen brandings much worse than this one. Actually, the orange logo on the black cover doesn't look that bad after all. And the only thing I hate more than provider logos are clearly visible traces of removed provider logos... :)

So until someone finds a way how to remove the logo without leaving any traces, I'd leave it where it is. Since that black colour of the cover is probably quite sensitive against all kinds of rubbering/polishing/whatever, I hardly doubt that there will be a safe way at all.

haha

you peeps got it wrong. you don't notice it at all that i removed the logo.. with the example pics i took.. you can only see it when using flash with the camera.. the area i scrubbed is a little shiney.. but with normal light it doesn't show (and after using CIF to scrub it a little ruffer it doesn't show at all anymore..

That orange square is the most ugly thing ever.. can't believe that people like it on the phone, you must ALL be joking if you say it looks nice haha I resprayed my SPV Classic, E100 and E200 1 week after i got them!

But anyway. will remove the cover this week and respray it in nice metallic blue (VW golf blue 1999 model LOL), then i will take some pics so you all can see how i upgraded the seal above the tft screen so dust wont be around anymore.

Greetzz

DvL

Guest BigBlue007
That orange square is the most ugly thing ever.. can't believe that people like it on the phone, you must ALL be joking if you say it looks nice
Well, there are quite a lot of examples especially from Vodafone with REALLY ugly logos on it. Compared to this, the orange logo is indeed not that annoying. But of course it's a matter of taste.

But then again...

But anyway. will remove the cover this week and respray it in nice metallic blue (VW golf blue 1999 model LOL)

... how would one argue about good taste with someone who's gonna rape his C500 like you're about to do... :):D:D

I read a tip in a German forum, that it "could" be possible to solve the Logo with a hair-dryer ... Did someone already try?

Sorry, I have no pics or further details about this - but I would not like to try ist at first :roll:

How of you guys ist brave enough to try :?: :wink:

nail varnish remover? hmmm

doubt it if that works.. the logo is heated and sort of melted in the black paint underneath the unglossy top layer..

after removing the unglossy top layer you still see the square (if you know where to look for it!)

Have to say that my method works fine.. ok it is a little shiney but after using CIF it is not that shiney anymore and nobody who sees the phone notices it.

I would like to see some nail varnish examples, then i can use it on my silver version. The paint on the silver version doesn't seem to be of such a good quality (compared to the black though).

BTW.. Love the phone.. good value for money!!

And I love Worms World Party muahahaha

will post another clear pic tomorrow.

i now have the problem that i have a camera with 4 Hama battery's, 2 of those i have to use for my mouse which just gave up.. now i have a pic in the camera but can't use the mouse when using the camera haha and i am not that good with tab alt etc hahaha..

so will buy 2 more battery's tomorrow haha

Greetz

DvL

Guest BigBlue007

Jo man, great hint, that did the trick for me, too. Honestly!! :):D

When taking the nail polish thing into consideration, you should also keep in mind that the black colour of the cover would probably also react on the polish... :lol:

And reg. Laubi's hair dryer hint: If it doesn't work, try a device like this:

Torch_anim.gif

I use sugar, works perfect. No scratches [...]

Jo man, great hint, that did the trick for me, too. Honestly!! [...]

Sugar? Never heard about such a "trick" before ... can one of you guys post a pic, that we could see your results?

You know: One picture - sometimes - says more than thousand words :wink: