c500 vs. SDA - the battle of the giants :-)

Guest lutzh

Next week I'll be in Munchen. I wish to know:

1) if the SDA will be available ( october 1st)

2) if will be unlocked

3) if there will be italian language and t9 ( or just english)

Regards

Federico

nowhere at the moment. i've got my pre release sample from t-mobile itself.

also i don't know when the sda will be available, if it will be simlocked or if it got italian t9 on it.

i'll come back as soon as i can answer that questions.

cheers, lutz

Guest sblarsen

The German company I ordered my SDA from, told me today that the phone is in stock from T-Mobile monday. It´s not sim-locked from what i´m told. (Im pretty screwed if it is though.. lol)

Getting mine from www.nowicom.com - Last phone i ordered from them, I had within two days via UPS. They also offer COD payment, which totally rocks.

Guest sblarsen

Yah, it´s nowicom.. Have'nt had any problems with them yet. Their customer service definitely could be better, but hell, as long as im getting my phone I don't really mind. I actually sent back my Okwap s762, in exchange for the SDA. Anyways, if they lie about it being on stock monday, i guess ill just have to bomb their e-mail addy until they give me a straight answer.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

T-Mobile better puts a lot of these phone on the shelf, otherwise I am going to freak out.

If I hate one thing then it is when a company highly promotes a product and not having it in stock!

Anyway, it will be mine soooooon.... ,-) my precious

Lutz, on another note...

what is the T-Mail button for? an t-mobile email account on T-Zones? or what?

Guest sblarsen

yikes, better stay away from nowicom then... :shock:

Can't say i´ve had any problem with them, other than their customer service sometimes is a little slow to respond. I got my last phone in 2 days only. Anyways, they also accept COD payments, so you don't risk anything in ordering from them.

They also recently had a change in management, maybe that improved their services.

Can't say i´ve had any problem with them, other than their customer service sometimes is a little slow to respond. I got my last phone in 2 days only. Anyways, they also accept COD payments, so you don't risk anything in ordering from them.

They also recently had a change in management, maybe that improved their services.

How do I know you don't work for them or something? Im not calling you a lier, im just very careful of nature. :wink:

COD payments is a pluss though :)

Does SDA have support for EDGE?

Guest sblarsen

How do I know you don't work for them or something? Im not calling you a lier, im just very careful of nature. :wink:

COD payments is a pluss though :)

Does SDA have support for EDGE?

You don't know that dude... :lol: - I understand if you´d believe Lutz over me, as i just (re)registered on the forums and he´s a regular here. Anyhoot, I live in Denmark and Nowicom is in Germany and i do not work for them. I´ve bought one phone from them and have´nt had any problems with them, besides the slow response on e-mailing them as i mentioned earlier.

I can send you PM when i get my SDA if you want me to. Ill even include a picture of the phone and invoice if that helps. Also, should i experience any problems with them, I will be posting it here too.

Anyways, when using COD your ass is covered, as they don't have your money until the phone has been physically delivered to you.

Im pretty sure the SDA does'nt support EDGE.

hi folks,

i was only talking about reliability of their delivery/in stock information. i can't say anything wrong regarding the shop itself since i never bought anything there. get back to topic, folks :-)

cheers, lutz

I can send you PM when i get my SDA if you want me to. Ill even include a picture of the phone and invoice if that helps.

Thanx that would be very nice of you. :wink:

But as lutzh said: Back to topic.

Looking at the pic's, the SDA design is growing on me like I had never thought it would. It has clean lines and the screen really look's so amazing. And if im not completly wrong, it almost look's as thin as the C500.

Did you take those pic's lutzh or did you copy them from a review somewhere? Im really into reading as many reviews on the SDA as possible. :idea:

Oh, and another thing: is it possible to download Norwegian or swedish T9 as an application? Im afraid that if i re-install or flash the phone to a norwegian version of smartphone 2003 sec. ed., it would not work so well beacuse of SDA's extra buttons, that the qtek 8010 wont have when it comes to norway. Or am I worrying about nothing now?..lol

yes, i did the pictures, what you see there are my phones, my gps and my back yard. there aren't so much sda reviews out there and i guess mine is the only one that made it to the rest of the world (i mean outside germany in english) via modaco and msmobiles (the review from yesterday. today i've showed a little more regarding the t-zones. t-mobile is working hard to get it done for smartphone since it always was a pain in the popo because wm smartphones did not support frames and the t-zones portal was full of frames. check the attached puzzle i've scribbled today by browsind through the german t-zones. sorry that i cant translate the content in it but i guess you'll get an impression of what it will be then when its done (i think they will not launch the sda before its done!). at the moment you can get some two or three level deep into the portal but in deeper levels you get still some "no frames browser"-warnings or dead links but its clearly to see that they work on it since i was ending up on the old portal last week and this is new since this week. this is what you get when you hit the t-zones key on the sda...

the rom comes with us english, uk english, german (hehehe), french, italian, netherlands, czech and turkish language on board. as you may know you can not download t9 files that easy. i don't know if other country settings will be launched....

regarding the size - on page two in here is a white line that shows that it really isn't so much bigger...

cheers, lutz

I like what I see, but there is no T-mobile in Norway. I think you said earlier in this thread that it would be no problem to assign other tasks for the extra buttons for us who dont have t-mobile.

The SDA will be my first Smartphone, so im still pretty cluless of all the options, like how to upgrade the phone and customise it. (wich is probably the easiest thing in the world for you guy's) I'll probably be ripping my hair out over the most simple things, but hey..it's a learning experience..lol :wink: