UPDATE: Stock 22/09! Orange C500 PAYG, Pre-Order Now

Guest midnight

Guest rbx775

I just want to know when they have them in stock so i know how long im waiting!

so whoever works for modaco, either post the news here or email people/put it on your site somewhere!

im checking the site and this forum about 5 times a day and not seeing anything, not even a post here!!

for example, did orange contact you today with news? did they come in today? etc etc.....

cheers

Hi orderd mine and recieve it and have had it just over a week ,But after using it it seems to have the bugs where it ignores the Keypad sensor , and when i set it so the screen never times out the screen seems to still turn itself off ive done a few hard resets but still has the same problem also the bottom left of the casing as come apart between the centre section and black housing,Do i have to contact orange themselves about this or not,Thanks in advance

Guest Nookie-

No updates? This has to be the worst online order of my life! Beginning of next week they said, do they have stock or not? keeping us up to date would be a nice idea. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Its pretty bad service id agree with you there. :cry:

Fair enough they cant really speed up the process of getting stock in, but you'd have thought they'de keep the forum upto date with news on the stock- at least.

I wonder how many people have cancelled there order? :/

Id have thought theyde at least give an apology and daily update, then if it gets too long a wait- they should offer us a c500 which is on a different plan i.e. a contract phone as handset only (boxed).

Im pretty disappointed to be honest. :shock:

Ok ta

however that doesnt tell me if the original news i was told about stock still applies. Thats to do with you guys are supposedly getting stock on tuesday 12th.

I was told that over the phone.

Thanks

Hi orderd mine and recieve it and have had it just over a week ,But after using it it seems to have the bugs where it ignores the Keypad sensor , and when i set it so the screen never times out the screen seems to still turn itself off ive done a few hard resets but still has the same problem also the bottom left of the casing as come apart between the centre section and black housing,Do i have to contact orange themselves about this or not,Thanks in advance

Any help would be appreciated,Thanks

Guest Nookie-

Heh, what a f*cking joke! No phones after all, oh wait, they have a "unlocked" phone thats about £80 more, £15 delivery? I'd hope that comes with a hot dinner. Never buying from here again, they probably knew this ages ago.

I dont think thats the right way to get any help, however im in the same boat as you. Theres nothing we can do, and I too am quite mad about it - but im pretty sure your post will get deleted so you've got nowhere.

Why not do what im going to do, and just wait till the end of the week fro any updates?

Im just going to do that then think about cancelling my order if theres no stock.

Heh, what a f*cking joke!  No phones after all, oh wait, they have a "unlocked" phone thats about £80 more, £15 delivery? I'd hope that comes with a hot dinner. Never buying from here again, they probably knew this ages ago.

the phone that is £80 more is the developers phone, its not intended for standard users.

Guest Nookie-

rbx, there is NO stock, i got an email about it;

"Thank you for your interest in the SPV C500. Unfortunately Orange have made the decision to withdraw the C500 as a Pay As You Go phone.

As a result of this action, we have had to cancel your order and will no longer be able to take any more orders for this item until further notice. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and stress that no money has been debited from your account. We realise there is great demand for this item and we have just secured a deal for more phones such as the i-mate SP3 smartphone and the i-mate PDA2k which will appear on the MoDaCo Online Shop soon.

We would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have a limited availability of unlocked SPV C500 available to order now on the MoDaCo Online Shop."

This is why im not happy.

£80 extra for just an unlocked phone? Rip off!

Guest thebeagle

if you goto www.littlewoods.co.uk or www.littlewoods.com not sure which one and then you will see a link for www.lxdirect.com , search for the c500 on there, ive just ordered my pay as you go one for 189.99 plus 2.95 delivery

http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigation/prod...Np=1&N=85%20101

sorry for the really long link ^_^

my friend was mucked around two weeks by modaco shop, when he ordred his phone he was told it was in stock and that it would be shipped the same week, only to find out 2 weeks later that they were out of stock

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
if you goto www.littlewoods.co.uk or www.littlewoods.com not sure which one and then you will see a link for www.lxdirect.com , Search for the c500 on there, ive just ordered my pay as you go one for 189.99 plus 2.95 delivery

http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigation/prod...Np=1&N=85%20101

sorry for the really long link ^_^

my friend was mucked around two weeks by modaco shop, when he ordred his phone he was told it was in stock and that it would be shipped the same week, only to find out 2 weeks later that they were out of stock

Your friend was not mucked around by MoDaCo Shop, MoDaCo Shop have been messed around and let down very badly by Orange.

I ordered yesterday from littlewoods, i should get mine in the morning. They sent me an email confirming and they have taken the money from my account which they say only happens when goods are out for delivery ^_^

Well chuffed now tbh.

Very good price and service.

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Get them while you can boys because when they run out of stock like MoDaCo Shop did they won't have anymore either :wink:

I suppose the Littlewoods shop will suck when they run out too :roll:

I can now tell you it was a mistake on Oranges part that the C500 was released as a PAYG phone, apparently it should NOT have happened :roll:

Guest midnight

indeed, why blame MoDaCo shop for Oranges mistakes? Littlewoods have probably just got some stock left cos they werent selling from there. £80 extra for the developers phone isnt a rip off, cos they are intended for developers not the general public and thats the price Orange charge, MoDaCo shop do not set the prices, Orange do.

Nookie, I explained all this to you on IRC yesterday (at least I think it was you), and you wouldnt listen then either.

Guest Nookie-

Obviously you didnt, you just made that up, i dont even use your IRC channel. Modaco and whoever runs the shop could have kept us up to date, which WASN'T done. << Poor service. I ordered with littlewoods and my order is confirmed and dispatched << Good service. Thus, modaco shop sucks.

hi, just to let you know that I also received my PAYG C500 from littlewoods today. It is marked up as contract same as the MoDaCo shop ones were quoted and as stated elsewhere I guess it will be the only batch that get released PAYG for the immediate future. It's a shame Orange changed their minds and I am sorry I couldn't get from the MoDaCo shop but it is not their fault - did get my mini-SD form MoDaCo though! ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.