SPV C500 running LabView!!

Guest LooneyNutz

Guest LooneyNutz

YESS!!! Got my SPV monday the 20th, one of the benefits of working in Orange dk :)

:idea: But whats more cool.... it can acctually run LabView programs!? Something it was not supposed to do. But a friend of mine just made 2 small programs to analyse the voice speaking to the SPV!

/LooneyNutz 8)

Guest LooneyNutz

First of all, sorry for posting this in the danish group hehe...

Hope I wont get thrown out of Mocado for it?

Thanks for the welcome Lutzh :)

Anyways,

I have a buddy that works in NI and also works with me programming at night, and he is totally NI freak.. hope they pay him well. Well he have programmed a small testing software for analysing voice when you talk, the program is very simple, but he can do this using LV7. There are still some issues concerning interface and inputs from the phone to the program, but I know he is working on it.

:idea: This means, that you can virtually run every single program written for the PDA's. The only thing LV7 requires for the programs to run, is the strongarm (ARM) processor.

I think that we will put up a small site with info as soon as we have something really working perfectly.

Here are some shots of first runs... :shock:

Hope this answers your questions for now :?:

/LooneyNutz 8)

SPV3.jpg

SPV2.jpg

SPV1.jpg

What about on other models like the mpx200. I am very interested too. I have been using Labview before so it would be very nice if I could make software for my smartphone with Labview...cool program.

Guest LooneyNutz

Back...

Well yes I think I can post the program, have to check with the programmer first.

There seems to be some NI licens issues, so it's not possible to post the programs to modaco.

Sorry guys. I didn't know this. You will have to buy LV7.

CoolBox: If your smartphone have the ARM processor, it can run the LV programs without any problems.

Guest PsyCrow

Hi guys..

Im the one who created these simple programs in LabVIEW.. im sorry I cant post it.. there are license issues involved so im sorry about that. :lol:

regarding LabVIEW running on other SPV's there are 2 things needed.

1: The OS must be base on Windows CE 4.2 or higher and build with the Standard SDK for windows CE.NET

2: the CPU must be intel based eigther a StrongARM og XScale

3: year there is a third hehe.. creating LabVIEW code for PDA (and SPV's hehe) you will Need af 7.1 Full Version of LabVIEW and the 7.1 PDA for PocketPC for LabVIEW (roughly 24.000 danish kr ex VAT)

i havent yet messed around with access to the keypad.. so if anyone of you know what DLL i have to communicate with let me know :)

PsyCrow

Guest Coolbox

Are you planning to post some sort of tutorial on this in the future because it sounds very cool. I have access to Labview on the university but I am not shure wether I have access to the other applications you mention.....7.1 PDA for PocketPC....is it some sort of plugin??

Are you shure it won't work with earlier versions of Labview?? I am not shure which version they have at the university....

It will be much easier to make software on the smartphones with labview.

Can you use all the features in labview on the smartphone?? :shock:

Guest PsyCrow

HI Coolbox..

if you are a student from DTU, AUC or SDU sønderborg you should have access to all National Instruments.. including the LabVIEW PDA module.

write me a private email and tell me where you are studying and ill give you the name of the guy who is in charge of the National Insturments Software at your university :)

PsyCrow