MoDaCo Winter Event - Sat November 6th - Update 7/10!

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Accomodation

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=464105#464105

special deals.. few rooms available.

Update - 20/10/04 - 11am BST

If you got the e-mail that was sent out last night and have already registered, you DO NOT need to register again! :)

If you haven't already resgistered - [email protected] with the details below!

/Update

Update - 7/10/04 - 6pm BST

You can now download posters and flyers to print off and distribute, get them here!

Post them up at work, school, uni, the local shop, anywhere! :lol:

/Update

Update - 5/10/04 12pm BST

The meet will be on November 6th 2004 12pm - 6pm

It will be at 52 Degree's North in Birmingham, check out their site here

REGISTRATION - you only need to do this once, if you've already used the form at Coolsmartphone you do NOT need to email again!

Now this is IMPORTANT

Firstly: please email [email protected] with "MWE2004" in the subject line, and with the following details in the body:

Your full, real, name:

You MoDaCo member name:

Your date of birth, and age:

If you are MoDaCo Plus or not:

Your mobile telephone number:

To explain; your DoB is needed so we can give a differnt coloured wrist band to those under 18, as the event is in a bar and we are not allowed to let them serve minors :lol:

MoDaCo Plus is obviously to allow these members priority at registration, don't worry though, this place is MASSIVE!

Your mobile number will be used only on the day of the meet. We will be texting updates to people on this day only regarding the meet. We will not use them again or distribute them to any people other than MoDaCo (who you are registering with :D, and Orange, who are sending them. Again, they will only be used ON THE DAY.

That's it! Sign away :lol:

Posters and flyers will be up later this week.

/Update

Update - 5/10/04 10am BST

To register your interest in coming to the next meet, please e-mail [email protected] with your name and e-mail address.

When further details are available i will contact these addresses (as well as updating this thread) and provide information on how to register for the event!

/Update

I've been busy over the past few weeks organising the next meet.

Our theme for this event is BIG. We want to make this the biggest and best event we've ever had, and need YOUR help to do this.

There will be NO limit to availablity! Unlike the last meet we will be using a location capable of holding over 200 people, i want ot fill it! :lol:

We're still finalising specific details, however so far these are what we have available:

It will definately be in Birmingham! Hopefully a central location will allow a greater number of people more easy access to get there.

It will be on a Saturday in early November, this has still got to be finalised, hopefully by the end of the week. It's unlikely to deviate much from this time though, and definately a Saturday.

We're looking to make the event BIG and need you to go away and promote it! :D If you run a site, any site, link to this thread with one of the MoDaCo banners available in Off Topic.

The meet this time will have two distintive areas, one for developers and one for non-developers. This will allow us to go into much more specific and complicated areas for the developers, a common request from the last event.

So the first question:

Developers: What do YOU want to see demonstrated and presented?

I have a good idea of what to organise from feedback from the last neet, but any suggestions are always welcome!

Non-Developers - what do you want to see?

Presentations on new software and hardware products? How to configure a specific feature of your phone? Suggestions please!

Again, we're looking to make this big, any promotion YOU can manage is appreciated! Go for it :D

As well as the presentations we will have giveaways, competitions, quizes and Smartphone industry reps! If you want to learn more about your phone, see whats coming in the Smartphone future, meet your forum-mates! This is the perfect opportunity to do so :D

Guest dshaugney

Yay, just down the road from me.... I'll prolly pop in during daytime and say hello to the usual cast.

BTW If you want it bigger than the Cannon St. Orange Studio then I can recommend you rent out conference room in a hotel.

For example, The Regency Hotel in Solihull (just outside birmingham, also has a nice town center, very good area) has a very big hall for rent. It's big enough to have our College prom in there.

OR if you want very central and very big have a look at this link:

Banqueting Suite

It'll cost £800 for an 8 hour booking on a saturday.

I'd attend the developer area but wouldn't want to miss out on any new hardware/software demonstrated in the non-developer area, I suppose there's no way around this! I should be there again, it'll be good to see everyone again! So what would I like to see in the developer area? Well its tough to pick a specific thing to request but I can confirm that having attended quite a few Microsoft events recently I'd request an original theme to the presentation(s) as opposed to a repeat of any of their sessions. I don't know if that helps at all Mono!? :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Brody - theres no reason you can't mix and match presentaitons :)

dshaugney, rikwebb - thanks for the suggestions, however we do have a location, we're just working on getting the details finalised and set. No reason for it to change, its just not quite fixed yet :lol:

Guest rikwebb

Monolithix,

When you have finilised the details, if you create a poster for the event, and post it on here. I will print a few off and stick them up a work. We have about 4000 employees on the current customer contract. They are all IT guys n gals, so it should apeal to a few of them.

Rik :wink:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Not secret as such - i just dont want to post it here in case the worse were to happen and we have to change it (again). As i said above it should be confirmed by the end of the week at which time i'll update the thread to say so :)

rikwebb - nice idea! I'll look into it (and probably bully mid into helping out :lol:)

Guest peekie

Well i will try to get there if easyjet fly there from amsterdam , the poster idea would be good if all members asked the orange shops over the country to put it up in the shop ( modaco is a good advert for them ) so depending on which saturday it is( I work some weekends :cry: ) maybe i see you lot there :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest beersoft

eleven and a half hours, you guys are getting slow :)

and it must be someone elses turn to be the drunken party fool?

i'll be there, drinking shandy most likely or driving and on the softest of soft drinks :lol:

later

Owen

Guest shadamehr

Early November.... Oh dear...

I was just gonna ask when you might be thinking of a new Get Together, now that i am back in the SmartPhone fold with my C500...

But I'm on my holidays in Benidorm from the 16th to the 23rd of November - so PLEASE guys - NOT Saturday the 20th ????

If it's outsdide of this, then I'd LOVE to come - and Birmingham is as easy to reach from Newcastle as London almost - certainly it's CHEAPER on a pre-booked Virgin ticket.

Peekie mate - if Easyjet DON'T fly direct, and it works out in such a way that I am going myself, then you are welcome to fly to Newcastle, where I think they DO have routes, and crash at mine if need be, thne travel down by train like me - it's not very expensive if booked in advance.

So Paul and Mods - make it something OTHER than the 20th PLEASE *lol*

Guest siu99spj

Hhhmmm, early November eh? I SHOULD be able to make that, except for the fact that I may be in California, Korea or somewhere equally strange. Won't be able to confirm it till Mono releases the details.

Then again, it will be the last I'll be able to visit for a while too. Seems like the company is all to eager to send me off to Korea for two years next February.

*SIGH* The life of a telecoms engineer...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Apologies for the sketchy details people - as i mentioned we ARE working on finalising the date, i just thought it would be good to give everyone as much notice as possible :) The moment i get confirmation of the date i will post it!

It's great tp see such a good response already too :lol:

Guest midnight

i'll work on some kind of poster/flyer as soon as the date etc. is confirmed

hopefully the c500 alarm is a lot better than the E100 alarm (people who met me at the last meet will know what i'm talking about :))

'hopefully' i'll be bringing some nice new shiny gadgets for people to have a look at

Guest shadamehr
i'll work on some kind of poster/flyer as soon as the date etc. is confirmed

hopefully the c500 alarm is a lot better than the E100 alarm (people who met me at the last meet will know what i'm talking about :))

'hopefully' i'll be bringing some nice new shiny gadgets for people to have a look at

Cool mate - but again - please try and avoid the 20th November...?