ActiveSync and Mozilla Thunderbird

Guest Fepple

Hello,

Is it possible to use Mozilla Thunderbird with Active Sync?

Basically I dont want to have to use outlook, so can anyone think of a work around?

Cheers!

Matt Jordan

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few alternatives to using Outlook, but the best one is with an application called Intellisync, it will let you sync with a few other clients, but not sure about Thunderbird, but it may be planned.

www.pumatech.com

• 2 months later...
Guest lighthouse82

any updates on this thread? has anyone used Intellisync successfully with Thunderbird?

If not, are there any other appls which can allow synchronisation with Tbird?

(I'm using a C500)

• 1 month later...
Guest kgbgene
any updates on this thread? has anyone used Intellisync successfully with Thunderbird?

If not, are there any other appls which can allow synchronisation with Tbird?

(I'm using a C500)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, unfortunately Thunderbird is not there yet. The program has no synchronization functionality right now with any Windows-based devices. I think maybe Sunbird, the calendar project, has already implemented a stable synchronization feature with the PALM, but the Mozilla foundation has not addressed the demand for making either Thunderbird or Sunbird ActiveSync compatible.

Guest xenophobe

There could be someone working on an extension to make this possible, but I haven't paid attention. You could always scour their resource and development boards to see if anything like this is in the works, but I don't see why it couldn't be implemented with a little effort.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...