Where to start???

Guest nickwaring

Guest nickwaring

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me a few pointers... I want to create an app which does the following:

START

Store the current values

Var1 = HKCUControlPanelBacklightBacklightTimeout.value

Var2 = HKCUControlPanelDisplayDisplayTimeout.value

Get the AC_LINE_STATUS info

If AC_LINE_ONLINE then

Set the timeouts to never..

HKCUControlPanelBacklightBacklightTimeout = 4294967295 (or FFFFFF)

HKCUControlPanelDisplayDisplayTimeout = 4294967295 (or FFFFFF)

ELSE

Reset the timeouts

HKCUControlPanelBacklightBacklightTimeout = Var1

HKCUControlPanelDisplayDisplayTimeout = Var2

END IF

Pause for a couple of minutes (at worst it's going to delay the switch by a couple of minutes) then start again

END

The only trouble is I don't know where to start.. I've got the smartphone developer kit but I think i'll need MS Visual Studio or something similar..

Also.. what to I do when I get the software (any good newbie websites out there)

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

I've actually written an app that does the above and more, it gets notification from the OS when the device goes on/off ac power etc.

I've been making a number of improvements recently... but after receiving a SPV C500 and running some tests it seems that the ACLineStatus from GetSystemPowerStatusEx always returns 0, i.e. not on AC power, an interesting problem, I assume Mobile 2003 SE implements some new API?

To answer your question, VS will do the job, its what I use, not that I'm an expert, just a casual developer do stuff that I find useful, the backlight thing annoys me some what

Guest nickwaring

DH, I'm really interested in your app.. it may just solve my biggest bugbear with the C500.

Given that the Icon Bar battery icon changes when you plug-in it in I guess there must be some way... it's just knowing what to look for!?!

I'll keep up my quest and ley you know if I find anything

Thanks for the reply

Nick

• 3 weeks later...