if you die tonight? where will you go?

Guest c0ntrite

Guest c0ntrite

do you have any assurance that you will go to heaven? If not I suggest you go to this website and read the letter from a Christian witnessing the truth about Jesus and His teachings. Most of us think that it is easy to go to heaven... well the Bible tells us a different story...

http://zoki.filetap.com

Guest c0ntrite

changed the address again to http://zoki.filetap.com this will be the permanent address...

hmmm... I can prove to you that the Bible is real without any miracle... look at your monitor... close your eyes... and say to yourself "I Dont believe in monitors!" and slap it with your hands... did it disappear? No right? Your unbelief that change reality... so is the Bible... even if you believe it or not it doesnt matter because its real... its up to you to accept this TRUTH or not... God has given you freewill... but be careful with it because it might send you to heaven or hell for eternity... God Bless!

Guest mike-oh
but if you don't believe in a "supreme being" who would be punishing you, for what, and would there be an afterlife?

exactly.........(que twilight zone music "doo do doo dooo doo"

Guest Skunkchild
I can prove to you that the Bible is real without any miracle... look at your monitor... close your eyes... and say to yourself "I Dont believe in monitors!" and slap it with your hands... did it disappear? No right? Your unbelief that change reality... so is the Bible... even if you believe it or not it doesnt matter because its real... its up to you to accept this TRUTH or not... God has given you freewill... but be careful with it because it might send you to heaven or hell for eternity... God Bless!

:roll: I just used the same technique to prove God has never existed

Guest spacemonkey
define:truth

a fact that has been verified;

In that case there is no truth what-so-ever. You can not even 100% verify that anything exists or is true right down to me or time or the earth.

Guest mike-oh

Actually i saw a Horizon documentary who's conclusion was that basically the odds of us being real are billions to one!

"There is, however, one way that time travel to the past could be possible. And it would be much more convenient. Future civilisations could use computers to create exact replicas of the past. Unfortunately that idea has physics trembling in its socks. Because if you can generate a perfect virtual reality version of the past, who's to say we are not one of the replicas?"

here's the gist (my version);

In the distant future computers will be immensley fast (through the advent of quantum computing no doubt). The people living in the future may want to find out how we lived today so would run a computer simulation which would be incredibly realistic to the point that entities within that simulation wouldn't know the difference (kinda like the matrix). Yet due to the HUGE amounts of processing power that these machines have they would be able to perform this simulation millions of times in a second, creating and evolving a virtual universe in the fraction of a second with the simulated entities none the wiser.

So we could mearly be a load of 1s and 0s in UniverseSimulator v1.2b.exe run by someone/thing in the year 24,508!

Read more here on the Horizon website.

And an extract from the Horizon transcript for the interested (makes a good and thought provoking read):

Dr NICK BOSTRUM (Oxford University): So imagine an advanced civilisation and suppose that they want to visit the past it might turn out not to be possible to build a time machine and actually go back into the past, physics might simply not permit that. There is a second way in which they could get the experience of living in the past and that would be by creating a very detailed and realistic simulation of the past.

NARRATOR (DILLY BARLOW): The notion that computers might one day be used to create exact copies of the past might seem like a wild intellectual exercise but a new generation of believers in time travel have taken the idea to it’s own wild intellectual conclusion and they’ve pointed out that a super civilisation wouldn’t just make one perfect simulation of the past.

Dr NICK BOSTRUM: An advanced civilisation would have enough computing power that even if it devoted only a tiny fraction of one percent of that computing power for just one second in the course of its maybe thousand years long existence, that would be enough to create billions and billions of ancestor simulations.

NARRATOR (DILLY BARLOW): Every time science has thought it has found a way to control time it’s been forced to confront a worrying implication. This latest solution is no exception. Because it too turns out to have a bitter twist. One dictated by the laws of mathematical probability. If the computer of the future is churning out billions of simulations, how do we know we are living in the original real world and not one of the billions of copies? In fact the odds against us being real are billions to one against.

Dr NICK BOSTRUM: There would be a lot more simulated people like you than there would be original non-simulated ones. And then you’ve got to think, hang on, if almost everybody like me are simulated people and just a tiny minority are non-simulated ones then I am probably one of the simulated ones rather than one of the exceptional non-simulated ones. In other words you are almost certainly living in an ancestor simulation right now.

Prof PAUL DAVIES: The better the simulation gets the harder it would to be able to tell whether or not you were in a simulation or in the real thing, whether you live in a fake universe or a real universe and indeed the distinction between what is real and what is fake would simply evaporate away.

Prof FRANK TIPLER: Inside the simulation you can't tell any difference between the simulated environment, the virtual reality and the real environment. In fact this environment we find ourselves in could be just a simulation.

Guest spacemonkey

Well, then we get onto what is time.

Lets just for a second think through me as I am "paused" at this exact instance. The only evidence of time is a pattern of electrical and chemical systems in my brain that when read correctly define a hypothetical environment similar to this instant but slightly different. These patterns imply this environment to having change in a progressive fashion that to me implies the concept of time, but at any given instant there isn't actually any proof. For all intents purposes what I remember as history right now may be totally different to what I remembered as history 1 "second" ago.

Here's a little practical experiment to illustrate the point. Go out and drink tequila heavily. "Tomorrow" morning examine you memory. You will recall a sequence of events and frivolity which all of a sudden chenged into a sequence of waking up in a gutter. Did any "time" pass between these 2 sequences? In your personal version of the universe no time passed, strangely the sun/moon managed to make a sudden move, but really what proof do I have that that is strange?

Guest c0ntrite

lets just put it this way... when you see a "painting" you know that there is a "painter" same thing with a "building" there is a "builder" the same with "creation" there is a "creator" if you look around you... they werent made that way randomly... Earth and the Universe itself is organized from atom to gravity... your human body... think...

Guest Confucious
lets just put it this way... when you see a "painting" you know that there is a "painter" same thing with a "building" there is a "builder" the same with "creation" there is a "creator" if you look around you... they werent made that way randomly... Earth and the Universe itself is organized from atom to gravity... your human body... think...

Hmmm. yes - and I believe in fairies and pixies too.... :wink:

Guest chucky.egg

Ah, but there's the rub.

I can *see* a painting and know there is a painter, but nobody on this forum ever saw the original creation. (correct me if I'm wrong guys, Paul's getting on a bit so you never know... ^_^ )

I know this might sound offensive to some people, and I don't mean to cause offence, but use your logic to prove that I am not the Creator. If there is one, what's to say it's not me?

Guest c0ntrite

so which would you believe? the "big bang theory" where everything just exploded and creation happend? everyday something explodes... does it create? no it destroys... when you see a creation... for example your monitor... you dont need to see the "creator" of the monitor to prove that your monitor exists right? you just need a brain to do so... think carefully...